M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ml320 transmission issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320 w164
ml320 transmission issues

Hi new to post always read forums though, thanks for all the help in past..

My issue seems to be slightly different to other posts.

My 2007 ml320cdi 50,000km (weekend vehicle) started not changing gears out of around 3rd would just rev out then if i pull over kill engine would reset and be fine week later after that from start wouldnt change from 1st was undriveable i changed the battery praying was that didnt fix it. Then next day when foot on brake engage drive woyld clunk forward or back if in reverse? Have got towed to shop and they believe its transmission obvsiously but they need to run most tests. There is no error codes or engine lights etc on dash appears normal... worried for expensive fix have already spent numerous amounts fixing this dud car... which i bought from 5,000km and service always on time. Im resorted to droving my 135i around which is not in a daily drive condition haha anyone else had this issue

Thank you
George
Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320 CDI
Same problem

Hi,

I have had the same problem for one year. Sometimes the gears get "stuck" in forth gear, and it will not change. After I shutdown the engine and kill the power, everything is working fine again for a random time of up to a couple of month.

Sometimes the transmission also leaves the gear "almost" in gear, but not fully, meaning that the power is not fully transmitted to the wheels. When this happens I always immediately kill the engine and power. After restart everything is fine again, and I can drive for months before it happens again. This is very weird, but I haven't yet taken the car to be diagnosed since it is working most of the time and the fix is simple.

Best regards