M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

fog light question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML550 C350
Smile fog light question

I ordered
THESE THESE
from Amazon and I have the AMG package in my ML550 2010 so I took the housings off and the housing the actual bulb sits in is a lot longer than the H11 bulbs I ordered.

Did I mess and my ML550 is not H11 fogs? Or do I need to do something to make the bulbs fit?

Any helps is appreciated!

edit, the wiring connection fit, but the bulb won't attach into the fog lamp housing the same way the factory one does, it would just rattle around in there.

Last edited by C3504M; 02-07-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S560 Maybach
Use this link:

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

It has information on every bulb that will fit your vehicle. I believe Sylvania is the OEM bulb of MB, on mine it came stock, so your chances of finding what you need are good here.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML550 C350
Originally Posted by SunnyT
Use this link:

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

It has information on every bulb that will fit your vehicle. I believe Sylvania is the OEM bulb of MB, on mine it came stock, so your chances of finding what you need are good here.
"Please refer to your Operation Manual or remove the bulb to find the right bulb for this vehicle location. There are multiple options for your vehicle based on time of year made, model, options or other reasons that cause for this vehicle to have more than one choice for this bulb location."
Old 02-09-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S560 Maybach
Originally Posted by C3504M
"Please refer to your Operation Manual or remove the bulb to find the right bulb for this vehicle location. There are multiple options for your vehicle based on time of year made, model, options or other reasons that cause for this vehicle to have more than one choice for this bulb location."

I don't know what to tell you then. It has always been a reliable source for me and helped me with my upgrades.
Only other thing I can think of that could help you out is to call a dealer, give him the VIN, and the parts department can look up anything you want about your car, as far as original parts go to determine what bulb you have stock.

If that doesn't work, then maybe it's the bulb you ordered and the manufacturer was just cheap about it, or made something super generic for a lot of cars that doesn't end up working for MB specs. (I had my fair share of experience with that happening doing LED upgrades)

I ended up spending more money on different cheap things that didn't last/work, than I did on buying high quality products that ended up working flawlessly in my car. (Dig a little deeper into your pocket and you'll be a lot happier when it comes to MB electronics)

Company I use and recommend: AZN Optics
They have a ton of bulbs, a great customer service, and won't break the bank. Look them up on the forum, they're quite popular here.

Anyway, that's all I got. Hope it helps you out.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML
AMG bumper uses H7 fogs
Non AMGs are H11
regards