M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2006 ml350 rear ac controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300
2006 ml350 rear ac controls

I have a 2006 ML350 in Mexico. The front ac controls work but I get no response from the rear controls located in the rear of the console. Is there a fuse that contols the rear ac controls? If so where and what size. Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 ML500
Originally Posted by wkramer
I have a 2006 ML350 in Mexico. The front ac controls work but I get no response from the rear controls located in the rear of the console. Is there a fuse that contols the rear ac controls? If so where and what size. Thanks
My 2006 ML500 does the same thing, I was just coming here to post a question. There is a fuse in the rear fuse block in the trunk, #21, its a 5A fuse but my fuse was still good. And it still didnt work. I suspect some other wiring issue is bad.

Hi, my ML500 has the basic rear AC controls, not the more extensive three zone system (the one that has the more fancy rear panel with temperature knob). But there are four buttons on the rear panel (Auto, Off, foot, and face). None of the buttons seem to do anything and none of the lights light up.

When I have the AC (or heat) on up front, if I hit the Rear Off button and the light goes out, the air will start blowing out of the rear vents, but none of the controls back there work and none of the lights light up. I wondering what would cause this? I found a fuse in the rear fuse block in the trunk and according to the fuse sheet, #21 is for rear panel controls. I checked it and its a 5A fuse and its good. I also checked the voltage at the fuse block and where that fuse plugs in, there is 11.5 volts there (not the ideal 12.5V). So I think the electrical system up to that point is probably working well enough that the rear panel should power up. But I get nothing.

Any ideas?? I suppose its not the end of the world, since I can still manually make air blow out of there by using the front button, and the air that comes out blows pretty hard as long as I have the fan up front up on one of the higher fan settings. I'd still rather it work properly though, just the kind of person I am.

I've read the manual and I believe that panel is supposed to have some functionality, maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 PM

2009 C300
I hate when I do something dumb. I had the rear off button activated. Hit it again and now the rear controls work. Glad it was so simple.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 ML500
Originally Posted by wkramer
I hate when I do something dumb. I had the rear off button activated. Hit it again and now the rear controls work. Glad it was so simple.
Haha, I wish mine was so simple. Its not. Nothing works on mine. I hit the OFF button several times, none of the lights come on or anything. It's just annoying. I can still make air come out of the rear vents by using the button on the main panel up front, so my rear passengers get cooling. But when something doesnt work 100% I get really annoyed.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Ml 350 2007
Originally Posted by derek4484
Haha, I wish mine was so simple. Its not. Nothing works on mine. I hit the OFF button several times, none of the lights come on or anything. It's just annoying. I can still make air come out of the rear vents by using the button on the main panel up front, so my rear passengers get cooling. But when something doesnt work 100% I get really annoyed.
Try replacement of rear ac button on the front of colling unit