M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

side mirror blinker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Blutec
side mirror blinker

Ok, not sure what im missing but how do i get the side mirror apart to replace the LED blinker assembley? 2010 ML350 Blutec
Old 05-26-2015, 09:01 AM

ML 320 W164
Just done this.

You need to motor the mirror as far upwards as it will go, then tug the mirror firmly from the bottom. With a big bang, it should release. Sounds like it's gonna break but mine didn't.
Once the mirror is out of the way, it's one torx screw holding the repeater then tug, or lever it outwards, separating the connector as it goes.

The mirror is notoriously difficult to get to clip in again, so be prepared to use other methods of fixing.

I didn't like the amount of force required to remove it, so I used blobs of Blu-tac.

Six weeks later, it's still attached, and will be easy to remove without damage next time...
Old 06-08-2015, 12:34 AM

ML350 Blutec
Ok, so i fixed the blinker issue. Broken wire, the parts tec was right. Hate to admit it but stuck a screw driver behind the mirror and popped it off. I then unhooked the wires on the mirror back, label on of the wires to make sure you get the wires on the right clips. Remove the 3 torx screws holding the motor. There are 6 plastic clips holding the housing togther and on the main mirror post. After i was able to do that i found the broken wires. The bottom foot lighting was not broken yet but was cracked and showing the wire. I fixed the turn signal wires then did the other wires. Shrink wraped all wires along with tapping them from door opening to plugs. All fixed, then turned off the mirror clse option, dont want to have to do other side. Wheni get time i will scan MB process sheet and load.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:34 PM

2010 ML 350 Bluetec
So, my 2010 ML350 Bluetec... had to replace both tail lights as they are LED and don't have bulbs... now i have a problem with the driver side indicator lamp on the mirror... replaced it with a new one from the dealer.. didn't fix the problem... apparently i have to replace the whole mirror unit?.... any one have a fix?...
Old 06-24-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
You need to read the computer to see if there is an error to tell you what is wrong. Either take it to a dealer or mechanic, or buy yourself a scanner that understands MB codes and systems,
like this one, for example like this one, for example
The following users liked this post:
Insurer (06-24-2018)