M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

question for the ML owners from the newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550
question for the ML owners from the newbie

Hi Everyone, new owner just got rid of an 06 X5 and stepped into a 08 ML550, fully optioned except the rear entertainment package. So the question is the PO gave me the service history and I was going through it.

I suspect I know the answer having already owned a higher end vehicle but.. He had the entire front steering system from power steering pump right through the rack to tie rod ends because there was a noise when he turned. I haven't climbed under the vehicle to look yet but is there a history of issues with this? I'm thinking he was a Mercedes owner, fairly well off, retired and was not a 'car guy' so easy pickings for the dealership. He also had the front drive shaft replaced because they found the front differential was low on fluid. I could go on but you get the drift.

I'm wondering if there is a history if issues I didn't find during my research or if it's another case of dealership robbery.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
ML 550
No history. Yours is an isolated case.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by OUZO Power
No history. Yours is an isolated case.

That's more or less what I thought, the list of high end repairs he did is long and costly, I'm putting it up on a hoist this weekend to have a look at the 'new' pieces. It was done less than 5K ago so they will still be pretty shiny!