M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Just bought my first Benz sight unseen, help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML350
Just bought my first Benz sight unseen, help!

Hey everybody! So I just purchased a 2006 ML350 on eBay from the original owner who seems a little elderly and couldn't answer some questions I had, wondering if someone could help! It's a 2006 ML350 with Navigation, looks absolutely gorgeous in the pictures and I practically stole it for the price. After googling for hours on end and finding different answers, I have two questions that hopefully someone can answer as I haven't picked up the truck yet and the current owner didn't seem know to know the answer.

Firstly, does it have an auxiliary input? I've seen some posts that say it's standard, others saying it's an option, others saying there's only an iPod input, i just want to be able to play music from my phone haha!

And secondly, I was told that the truck doesn't have a rear view camera; however it does have Nav! Is there a way to hook a camera up and use the stock navigation screen? I'm pretty handy when it comes to electrical stuff and all, I've added stock auxiliary inputs to older beemers and such but wasn't sure if it's plug and play or something a dealer has to do. Thanks so much beforehand!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GL450 and 2016 GLE350
With NAV it must have rearview camera.......
FYI, the attachments are of the window sticker that came with my 2006, since sold after succumbing to new ML fever.........The 2006 was a splendid SUV! You'll love it...

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 07-24-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 AM

ML320 CDI
send us the link from ebay so we can see it! If there is a picture of the trunk we can tell if there is a cam or not. Aux should be in the glove box. I just purchased a 2008 ML320 (diesel) and love it! I stole it as well. Did not think they would take my offer but they did and i had it shipped from the east coast to Vegas and never saw it in person till it came off the truck lol

Also I didn't know if it had blue tooth until i did more research. In the center arm rest there may be a blue item that looks like a phone, an empty cradle or nothing at all. If there is anything there then you have blue tooth. You need to get a "puck" if it is empty. They are sold on ebay all day.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
Originally Posted by SoShrill
send us the link from ebay so we can see it! If there is a picture of the trunk we can tell if there is a cam or not. Aux should be in the glove box. I just purchased a 2008 ML320 (diesel) and love it! I stole it as well. Did not think they would take my offer but they did and i had it shipped from the east coast to Vegas and never saw it in person till it came off the truck lol

Also I didn't know if it had blue tooth until i did more research. In the center arm rest there may be a blue item that looks like a phone, an empty cradle or nothing at all. If there is anything there then you have blue tooth. You need to get a "puck" if it is empty. They are sold on ebay all day.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get it? I recently traded my 08 ML320 CDI in, and am curious where it turns up. Also, I have rear cargo divider and roof rack cross bars for sale. PM me if interested.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:24 AM

ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by 06e320cdi
If you dont mind me asking where did you get it? I recently traded my 08 ML320 CDI in, and am curious where it turns up. Also, I have rear cargo divider and roof rack cross bars for sale. PM me if interested.
Mine is white and we got it with 102K miles. From a Benz dealer in MA.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
Originally Posted by SoShrill
Mine is white and we got it with 102K miles. From a Benz dealer in MA.
ok, not mine. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 PM

2006 ML350
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
With NAV it must have rearview camera.
That's incorrect.

My '06 ML350 has a navi, but did not have an OEM rear view camera. Last week I added an aftermarket option, with a separate screen/display mounted between the windshield and the dash.

Originally Posted by BabyBlue
Firstly, does it have an auxiliary input? I've seen some posts that say it's standard, others saying it's an option, others saying there's only an iPod input, i just want to be able to play music from my phone haha!
I am fairly certain you can only have one at a time - the aux input (which may be standard) or the (optional) iPod connector. The iPod connector uses the aux's ports in the back of the headunit, so you can't have both at the same time.

Originally Posted by BabyBlue
And secondly, I was told that the truck doesn't have a rear view camera; however it does have Nav! Is there a way to hook a camera up and use the stock navigation screen?
No. The ML's digital cable system makes this nearly impossible/extremely expensive.