M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Brand new OEM LED tail lights - driver's side slightly brighter than passenger's side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Luxury
Brand new OEM LED tail lights - driver's side slightly brighter than passenger's side

I just replaced both of my full LED tail lights with brand new ones from Mercedes. They look great, but at a distance the driver's side LED's are brighter than the other side....all of them. My rear foglight is not activated. It's not a drastic difference but the farther back you are, the more noticeable it is. Any ideas of what could cause brand new LED tail light assemblies to have uneven brightness from side to side? Granted, it's very slight but they're brand new. I've checked the connectors and reseated them with no change.

The driver's side (vthe one that's brighter) also had a small amount of rust inside one of the pin connectors, but I figured if anything, that'd make it less bright as opposed to brighter.

Any thoughts??
Old 08-01-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML350
I am fairly certain I've got something similar on my aftermarket LED rear lights - one side slightly brighter than the other. Might be "normal" for the cars??