M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ABS and ESP Sensor Warning Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML350, Mercedes S-Class
Post ABS and ESP Sensor Warning Light

Hey guys! So the ABS and ESP warning lights have showed up on the gauge and I took it to the mechanic to get it fixed and he told me that the brakes need to be changed along with the ABS Sensor. Well I did the required things but the lights still remain on. I took it to the dealership to get it all checked and they told me the issue is: "REPLACE PASSENGER FRONT WHEEL BEARING DND SPEED SENSOR " now the total cost of this issue is $1337.02

Is it worth getting it done from mercedes or I can order the bearing and get it replaced from the mechanic?
Old 08-22-2015, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ml350
Originally Posted by Prabh Singh
Hey guys! So the ABS and ESP warning lights have showed up on the gauge and I took it to the mechanic to get it fixed and he told me that the brakes need to be changed along with the ABS Sensor. Well I did the required things but the lights still remain on. I took it to the dealership to get it all checked and they told me the issue is: "REPLACE PASSENGER FRONT WHEEL BEARING DND SPEED SENSOR " now the total cost of this issue is $1337.02

Is it worth getting it done from mercedes or I can order the bearing and get it replaced from the mechanic?
Mercedes probably already charged you a scanning fee I'm assuming. but don't go to the same mechanic,seems like he doesn't know much. get a quote from another reputable mechanic in your area. if its substantially cheaper then do it with them. if the difference is only a $100 or so. then get it done at mercedes.