M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Satellite receiver module location ('07 ML63)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2007 ML63
Satellite receiver module location ('07 ML63)

I've looked all over for this and can't find the info. Some older threads that come close seem to have broken links, etc.

Can someone tell me where the Sirius sat receiver module (has two connectors, and three bolts mount this thing somewhere) is and how to get to it? It thought it was under the rear seats or behind one of the rear wheels, but no luck.

Thanks for your time!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2007 ML63
Caught my MB service manager in a good mood and he looked it up. It is under the rear driver's side seat. I had looked there already, but it completely hides beneath two other modules - the left-most two (bottom two in the first pic). My vehicle is a 2007 ML63.

Sirius Satellite receiver module removal:
Fold both rear seats forward. Remove the formed "felt" cover piece. There is a stamped steel "carrier" that is held in place with three plastic 10mm nuts. The two top-side modules are held onto the top of this carrier with 8 more of the same plastic 10mm nuts. You need to remove the top-side modules from the carrier in order to get to the three 8mm nuts that hold the receiver to the carrier (the receiver has 3 studs sticking upward through the carrier). The top-side modules can be folded out of the way once the 10mm nuts are removed and front connector from the driver's side module is unplugged. The carrier can now be lifted. In my case, the three holes that mount the receiver module to the carrier were under-sized and so I had to carefully unplug the two cables from the receiver and remove the carrier with the receiver still attached (stuck to it) - see second pic showing 8 studs for the two top-side modules and 3 smaller studs that are part of the receiver module. Also in the second pic is a very small module that is snapped to the carrier. I used needle-nose pliers to squeeze the bottom side of the plastic rivets to release this module. After gently prying the receiver studs free from the carrier, I drilled those three holes out to 13/64" which fits the studs nicely. Before reassembly, remove any change that has fallen down there.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Satellite receiver module location ('07 ML63)-img1.jpg   Satellite receiver module location ('07 ML63)-img2.jpg