M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Dealer tried to sell me red coolant for ML320 CDI. Wanted to double-check here!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 03:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI
Dealer tried to sell me red coolant for ML320 CDI. Wanted to double-check here!!!

Hey guys...

I've searched the previous threads on this subject, and I'm pretty sure by reading those that I'm supposed to be using the blue coolant from MB, or Pentosin. I had to get some dealer parts anyway for my flap motor replacement job, so I figured I'd pick up some OEM antifreeze. In the interest of full disclosure, my local dealership has let me down in the past both with service, and parts sales. They seem to have no subject matter expertise, at least when it comes to my vehicle. So, when the parts guy came out with a jug of the red coolant, trying to tell me that I was supposed to be using that in my CDI, I was concerned.

It was my understanding that for the diesels, we used to have the yellow, now we use the blue, and we should flush the system first before transitioning to blue. Has Mercedes now transitioned us to the red? My specific vehicle is a 2008 Mercedes ML320 CDI.

Thanks for reading! I know this is ridiculous but the dealer really confused me by trying to sell me the red stuff.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI
btt