M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2009 ML320 Bluetec- DEF/Adblue assembly leak. New Tank required--HELP!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes ML320
2009 ML320 Bluetec- DEF/Adblue assembly leak. New Tank required--HELP!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

It's as the title states; I've just recently discovered a leak in my def tank. The urea solution is just spilling out into the sheild then on the road and I've noticed that the tank needs frequent (6 weeks) again until the adblue refill sign comes on and I have to fill it up again.
My indy mech tried to resolve the issue however he couldn't, hes pretty handy when it comes to things except this is just a whole different issue.

The true issue is that I'm having a difficult time finding a proper website/ source to purchase the assembly myself and have that installed.

does anybody know of any specific site which might have this magical item? If I can't find it my last resort would be the dealer of course.

toronto/gta area. If any canadians know of a shop that might sell an assembly or just the seperate parts, that would really help as well..

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
GL 320, 993TT, BMW 550XI
Good thread here if you can DIY

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/x164...4775?_k=mw0tz7
Old 01-19-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2008 ML320CDI 4Matic, 2006 C350
All BlueTec owners should be aware of this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...itigation.html
Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
Originally Posted by CLK Group
All BlueTec owners should be aware of this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...itigation.html
That poster is delusional.

"If I am going to be spending 50 to 60K on a car I should have the choice to buy what I want..."

Really? On what planet? If you want to know why this statement is BS just look at Beijing these days.

Last edited by flybd5; 01-22-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Jazz Singh
Hello everyone,

It's as the title states; I've just recently discovered a leak in my def tank. The urea solution is just spilling out into the sheild then on the road and I've noticed that the tank needs frequent (6 weeks) again until the adblue refill sign comes on and I have to fill it up again.
My indy mech tried to resolve the issue however he couldn't, hes pretty handy when it comes to things except this is just a whole different issue.

The true issue is that I'm having a difficult time finding a proper website/ source to purchase the assembly myself and have that installed.

does anybody know of any specific site which might have this magical item? If I can't find it my last resort would be the dealer of course.

toronto/gta area. If any canadians know of a shop that might sell an assembly or just the seperate parts, that would really help as well..

Thanks everyone!

Hey do you just need a tank?

I have a tank from my 2009 ML320 Bluetec that I am trying to sell. I'm happy to send pictures. It also contains the rubber washer around the inside neck, and the sleeve that screws on the top. Parting out because I removed the entire bluets system from my car. Fine condition, no leaks. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
ML 550
Originally Posted by gaineserau
Hey do you just need a tank?

I have a tank from my 2009 ML320 Bluetec that I am trying to sell. I'm happy to send pictures. It also contains the rubber washer around the inside neck, and the sleeve that screws on the top. Parting out because I removed the entire bluets system from my car. Fine condition, no leaks. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jason
You removed all of it? How did you go about fooling the ECU with the removal of the Addblue system?
Old 02-13-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
08 R350
Originally Posted by OUZO Power
You removed all of it? How did you go about fooling the ECU with the removal of the Addblue system?
In the VW world, this is not uncommon. A tune is involved to bypass the system electronics after removal. DPFs can also be eliminated.
It's disturbing how many expensive diesel components are failing in the field. The regulations have moved too rapidly.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
ML 550
My wife is due for a new ride. We wanted the GL350 BT. But after looking at all these BT failures we crossed it off the list.

Now if there is an economical way to bypass the need for BT I would consider it again.

Who did the ECU tune for you?

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 ML320 Bluetec
If you search other about threads, or search my other posts (there aren't that many...) you'll see a thread where I talk about it. Basically I installed an emulator made by a guy from Belarus, which tricks the car into thinking the entire bluetec system parameters are completely normal. Then I removed the entire thing. No more Adblue problems ever again
Old 04-06-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 196 Likes on 111 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350
Originally Posted by Jazz Singh
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!
there is a cheaper place for Mercedes parts. Not by much but Exoparts. I think they are in Erin mills. Try Kijiji. There are some ML's for parts so sometimes
Old 04-22-2017, 01:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2011 ML350 BlueTEC
Check out xemodex, out of Canada. I just ordered a new heating/sending unit for $579 including next day shipping. Dealer quoted $1,300 for the part alone.