Sponsored by:

2015 ML350 Rolling in Park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML 350
Thumbs down 2015 ML350 Rolling in Park

My 2015 ML350 rolled after it was parked, locked and left in the garage, with the key in my pocket. Parked in the hospital garage as always, took the key, locked the door, heard and saw it lock fully, and then started walking only to hear the car hitting a metal column along its side as it rolled. The passenger side front and rear doors have been damaged horribly, with massive dents and metal sticking out! I have always had MB autos and never has something like this happened. On getting back in the car, it still showed P as being engaged but had rolled a good 10 feet, along a slope. Unbelievable! Has this been reported before? I am still in shock! My new car...
Old 04-26-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Originally Posted by bleek40
My 2015 ML350 rolled after it was parked, locked and left in the garage, with the key in my pocket. Parked in the hospital garage as always, took the key, locked the door, heard and saw it lock fully, and then started walking only to hear the car hitting a metal column along its side as it rolled. The passenger side front and rear doors have been damaged horribly, with massive dents and metal sticking out! I have always had MB autos and never has something like this happened. On getting back in the car, it still showed P as being engaged but had rolled a good 10 feet, along a slope. Unbelievable! Has this been reported before? I am still in shock! My new car...
What did you find out about this incident? I have a 2015 like you and it has the feature that if you open the drivers door it automatically shifts into park, Its a safety feature, I tried it several times and it works but one time it did not activate normally. Will have to try it again.