Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Canadian GP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Canadian GP

Anyone going? I'm planning our trip as we speak!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
I went last year. Awesome show.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Nola
I went last year. Awesome show.
Hey Ale how you doing?

Yeah, i can't wait to go. Gonna be my first F1 GP!!! Do you have any recommendations for the best spot to sit & a hotel to stay at, lol? Thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
Hey Ale how you doing?

Yeah, i can't wait to go. Gonna be my first F1 GP!!! Do you have any recommendations for the best spot to sit & a hotel to stay at, lol? Thanks!
Oh gosh... book quickly and be prepared to PAY! Anything downtown you can't go wrong in terms of party, but price/quality will not make sense. Seats anywhere should be fine... just don't go general admission. And rent a Kangaroo TV at the track.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Nola
Oh gosh... book quickly and be prepared to PAY! Anything downtown you can't go wrong in terms of party, but price/quality will not make sense. Seats anywhere should be fine... just don't go general admission. And rent a Kangaroo TV at the track.

Cool deal, thanks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Any of the hotels on the "Golden Mile" are good, and the Novotel DT is a great location and decent. Avoid most of the rest due to locations and quality. Book now though.

MTL is in terrible condition - definitely 2nd world city. Normally there is no price/value sense because it is a welfare state - but F1 is off the scale.

On the global F1 circuit, MTL GP is the worst one to visit for spectators for many reasons.

If you have "privileged" access it would be OK for entertainment.

You are better off to wait for the new $BN venue in TX or see the Singapore or other Asian ones.

If just want to party in MTL go in early Sept. Few decent night clubs though -maybe 2-3 DT and they are in rough condition. Pubs are the big thing.

Most of the <30 people are flat broke, or live in the suburbs so don't go out much DT.

The french chicks are generally short, ugly, out of shape and dress like crap. Those that are hot are likely strippers or hookers.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM

2005 CLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by whiteongrey
Any of the hotels on the "Golden Mile" are good, and the Novotel DT is a great location and decent. Avoid most of the rest due to locations and quality. Book now though.

MTL is in terrible condition - definitely 2nd world city. Normally there is no price/value sense because it is a welfare state - but F1 is off the scale.

On the global F1 circuit, MTL GP is the worst one to visit for spectators for many reasons.

If you have "privileged" access it would be OK for entertainment.

You are better off to wait for the new $BN venue in TX or see the Singapore or other Asian ones.

If just want to party in MTL go in early Sept. Few decent night clubs though -maybe 2-3 DT and they are in rough condition. Pubs are the big thing.

Most of the <30 people are flat broke, or live in the suburbs so don't go out much DT.

The french chicks are generally short, ugly, out of shape and dress like crap. Those that are hot are likely strippers or hookers.

Whatever Whiteon, Bruce Willis seemed to enjoy his time when I saw him alone in an afterparty downtown. Did you know mtl girls are know for being the cutests? Let me tell you that you are right on the roads and poverty BUT our chicks are awesome and clubs too. If you're saying the pub are the big thing that spells something. The circuit is one of the most liked from the drivers I believe. Anyways you gotta know where to go...most best places are kind of out of the blue places.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM

CL63 AMG, GTR, Hummer H2
Second world city :s

I don't think so and do not wish to comment further!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MTLdude
Whatever Whiteon, Bruce Willis seemed to enjoy his time when I saw him alone in an afterparty downtown. Did you know mtl girls are know for being the cutests? Let me tell you that you are right on the roads and poverty BUT our chicks are awesome and clubs too. If you're saying the pub are the big thing that spells something. The circuit is one of the most liked from the drivers I believe. Anyways you gotta know where to go...most best places are kind of out of the blue places.
I have a flat in the new Lowney Lofts that I use sometimes and am very familiar with MTL and the people there. In fact I can hear the track from there.

Bruce Willis is 54 !

Name me one decent club now that Opera is closed - most of the spaces are tiny, out dated, and filled with guys (mostly Arabs) pretending to be VIPs LOL.

The only great part is all the 19 & 20 yr old American girls that come up to party!

I guess it's all relative - most MTLs think they live in the best city and are European even though they can't speak proper french and don't know how to dress.

I have been around and can assure any stranger MTL is a total dump! DT Sao Paulo is in much better condition!

I just keep my flat there because my colleagues from Germany stay there to support a client. The Germans said it feels like a tier 2 E German city immediately after the soviets left.

MTL is a complete waste of money

The only reason MTL is "still" 2nd world is because Alberta sends $BNs of petro dollars every year courtesy of the Federal gov't whose politicians buy QC votes.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM

2005 CLK 55 AMG
Yeah that's the perequation, and you rich guys send that to Ontario and most of the provinces too. Don't forget that we are a country and we share what's in it. You guys have so low income taxes too. We get taxed like 50% while you 10%...
At least here we still can buy a decent house for under a mil

I'm surprised you are not that much overwhelmed coming from Calgary, I was there and it's sooo boring. I guess we can all have our opinions but if you want ta have a great time next time you come to the city go to LA Folie, Radio Lounge, Club 1234. LA Folie Is the big place you'll like!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I've narrowed down my hotel choices to the Omni Mont-Royal Hotel or the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure. Between the two, which one do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM

2005 CLK 55 AMG
Omni is more where the action is and Bonaventure a bit far from the scene. I'd go with Omni. A lot of car expositions in the streets too, you can walk to all the action. The streets are closed for pedestrians. Bonaventure is on the side of the highway and too far to just walk to Crescent street and all.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Omni is more where the action is and Bonaventure a bit far from the scene. I'd go with Omni. A lot of car expositions in the streets too, you can walk to all the action. The streets are closed for pedestrians. Bonaventure is on the side of the highway and too far to just walk to Crescent street and all.
Thanks! Omni it is.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Yeah that's the perequation, and you rich guys send that to Ontario and most of the provinces too. Don't forget that we are a country and we share what's in it. You guys have so low income taxes too. We get taxed like 50% while you 10%...
At least here we still can buy a decent house for under a mil

I'm surprised you are not that much overwhelmed coming from Calgary, I was there and it's sooo boring. I guess we can all have our opinions but if you want ta have a great time next time you come to the city go to LA Folie, Radio Lounge, Club 1234. LA Folie Is the big place you'll like!
Haha - I'm only in Calgary a few weeks of the year - maybe 12 weeks in total over 4-6 visits. Mostly in Europe, Hong Kong and Brazil....

Too boring aside from the snow sports and great off road motorcycling 40 min from DT. Summer not bad but can't take the place more than a few weeks in a stretch. Some decent looking girls though - but no style.

Can get decent houses in central DT proximity here now under 1MN - that sector has dropped dramatically - property taxes are pretty cheap. About $650K gets a decent new 1700 sf house 5 min from DT core.

Have not been to LA Folie - will check it next time.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

So, are you there? WE NEED PIX!