Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350 SDL (W126) rotary headlight switch removal

Old 03-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350 SDL (W126) rotary headlight switch removal

I'm trying to replace the headlight rotary switch in my 1990 350 SDL. Easy enough to loosen, twist, and detatch the switch from the dash, and then remove the panel immediately underneath the instrument cluster hoping to access the back of the switch.

No clue how to remove the tubular corregated heater ducting running the length of the driver's side (hidden by the panel just removed) to gain access to the back of the switch for removal. I could not find a procedure for this in my big gray official "shop" MB manuals for the 126.

Any suggestions on how to remove the heater ducting?

Thx in advance!
Old 07-29-2020, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w126
Look on the bottom of the corrugated tube and you will see holes in 2 or 3 spots. If you look in the holes you will see 10 mm bolts.
don’t remove the just get them loose. Then move the duct forward I think and it will come out. The bolt sits in a grooved hole with an oversized hole for bolt to pass thru.
watch any ducts that slip in like from coil (center of car) and outer that goes to vent.