Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c-32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02/c-32,00/740i
Question c-32

Hi,i got some problems changed the oil on my 02/c-32,2200 ml. ago and now i had to ad one quart,is it normal? Second problem is i got Evosport pully kit but the diller did not changed the reservor as it was advisedto by Evosport,becouse thay think that is a bad idea.Now,if i run the car hard coolant is missing about a half a quart evry two or three daysor after 60 ml.or so.It is happenning becouse the supercharger makes it evaporate? I do not have white or any smoke ,or oil inside the reservor and no lik whatsoever.Pipe end also clean :If anyone has something for me please>

Last edited by busa; 03-30-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
You posted this in the right area but there isn't a lot of action here. If I were you, I'd post it in the C32 forum. There are a lot of guys that can help answer your questions. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
I don't have a C32 but your questions are pretty generic.....when you changed the oil did you check the level? How (if you did)? It could have been right before the "add" level after you changed it and you're really not going through a quart in 2200 miles. Is it leaking (did you check the under engine pan?). The pulley required a coolant reservoir change?? Anyway, coolant is in a closed loop system and doesn't evaporate a quart a week. Shouldn't evaporate any. Any leaks? Maybe Evosport noticed a leaking reservoir and told you to tell the dealer?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:50 PM

02/c-32,00/740i
Leaks

Originally Posted by mleskovar
I don't have a C32 but your questions are pretty generic.....when you changed the oil did you check the level? How (if you did)? It could have been right before the "add" level after you changed it and you're really not going through a quart in 2200 miles. Is it leaking (did you check the under engine pan?). The pulley required a coolant reservoir change?? Anyway, coolant is in a closed loop system and doesn't evaporate a quart a week. Shouldn't evaporate any. Any leaks? Maybe Evosport noticed a leaking reservoir and told you to tell the dealer?
ON THE C-32 YOU CHECK THE OIL LEVEL BY THE COMPUTER THERE IS NO DIPPSTICK,SO IT TELS YOU TO ADD OR IT IS"OK"AND THE COOLANT IS SLOWLY DISAPERING BUT I ALREDY CHECKED EVRYWHERE AND NO DROP OR LEAK .YES WHIT A PULLY KIT REQUIRED A WIDSHILD WASHER RESERVIOR CHANGE BECOUSE EVO SPORT WANTS YOU TO CONECT THE WINDSHIELD RES. TROUGH THE INTERCOOLER FOR MORE COOLING.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by busa
ON THE C-32 YOU CHECK THE OIL LEVEL BY THE COMPUTER THERE IS NO DIPPSTICK,SO IT TELS YOU TO ADD OR IT IS"OK"AND THE COOLANT IS SLOWLY DISAPERING BUT I ALREDY CHECKED EVRYWHERE AND NO DROP OR LEAK .YES WHIT A PULLY KIT REQUIRED A WIDSHILD WASHER RESERVIOR CHANGE BECOUSE EVO SPORT WANTS YOU TO CONECT THE WINDSHIELD RES. TROUGH THE INTERCOOLER FOR MORE COOLING.
I believe on your year car you can go into "dyno mode" and check the oil level by volume (it reads out in quarts) search the forum for instructions on how to access it (you push buttons on steering wheel and mileage reset button in a certain sequence). You can also disable certain "features", like ESP, in dyno mode. On my car it doesn't count the quart in the oil filter so mine reads 7.5 quarts when full. Don't know anything about your intercooler...does it spray? Maybe that's what's happening and there's nothing wrong at all.