Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Light stays on ...CLK430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS Light stays on ...CLK430

hey guys,

i have a 01 CLK430 and the SRS light is on all the time..is there any diagnosis i can do without going to the stealer?
any reset procedure out there?
i've tried turning the steering wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right , then to the center (for some sort of calibration) but the light still stays on...

any help is appreciated...

thanks,
Old 06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Well you can replace all the parts one by one till the light goes out or, you can do the smart thing and visit your dealer and have him read out the fault and replace whatever component is bad.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 PM

which parts do you suggest i start with :-(

i didn't call them the "stealer" for no reason..maybe you got some extra cash lying around..??
Old 06-16-2006, 10:42 AM

1995 c220 auto
SRS-secondary restraint system, if your light is on all the time you have a critical fault and your system is probably inopperative.
The system consists of control unit, airbags and seatbelt tensioners along with ancillary sensors and wiring ; any one of these parts could be faulty and as the airbags and tensioners contain explosives it is not something you test yourself.
As said take to someone to have the codes read ;it
doesn't have to be an MB dealer; to find where the fault is and proceed from there.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:54 PM

1999 C43
Smart thing?
You must be THE Dealer!!

Originally Posted by sosh
or, you can do the smart thing and visit your dealer and have him read out the fault and replace whatever component is bad.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
This is fairly common. The culprit I've seen on several models is the sensor located beneath the passenger seat. It is a large plastic pancake that is designed to keep the passenger bag from deploying if there isn't enough weight on the seat to indicate that an adult is sitting there.
The part is prone to heavy passengers or even someone putting supporting their weight by pressing a fist or a knee into the seat (think of your favorite car wash worker).
The repair will run about $200-250 for the part, plus at least several hours of labor. A friend described to me how he replaced it himself, and it involves taking out the seat, peeling off the leather surface, and unplugging the old unit. Technically this is not a complicated job, just a pain in the butt.

My light has been on for about a year now. I need to address it (in case it means the passenger bag is really disabled).
Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 AM

2002 clk 430
I have a 2002 CLK 430 and the SRS lights stays on until the weather is around 70 then it goes out and comes on and a few times then it will go out and stay out. I did take it to two different dealers and both told me they could not find anything wrong with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks