Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-W140 & Other Model Full Repair Info. Online

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 12:24 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S320
S-W140 & Other Model Full Repair Info. Online

I am happy to report that at, www.alldata.com has full repair/service/spec's online for the W140 S Class as well as other Mercedes models. On the site go to "DIY For Owner's" click on purchase and enter your Mercedes and model to see if it is covered. The cost is $24.95 per the first year and $14.95 each year after. The online version is very updated and current unlike a CD that cannot be updated. I am told by AllData that the information is provided to them {by 1996 law} from Mercedes.

I have subscribed and I am very happy. It offers full detailed repair for almost everything. Door regulator's, head gasket, A/C, all service bulletin's that the dealer gets. Part numbers & locations, spec's, drawings of repairs, removals, troubleshooting, and problems. There is no repair not covered, that I can find. Complete information, how-to's and repair for the DIY'er. SEARCH will help you find your repair fast. Pages can be sized for print out though, not pdf. It also gives the time required for the repair and cost a shop should charge.

This is the same information that independent shops subscribe to and use to repair your S Class W140 or other Mercedes. When the mechanic doesn't know what to do or how to do it this is where they look. Remember all the repair information is provided to AllData.com from Mercedes.

Unfortunately there are no full detailed after market service/repair manuals for the S Class W140 like there is for other class and models. Mercedes has no plans to release a W140 CD. You can find part locator CD on some auction sites. I do all my own auto repair's and was surprised and concerned at the lack of repair information I was able to find for my 1996 S320. But now lack of W140 repair information is no longer a problem.

If you need detailed repair for your model this is the place. Check the site for your model as you subscribe before checkout .

Good Luck,

Last edited by EdS320; 09-27-2002 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600L/SL55
Alldata.com

I have been enjoying the site.
I registered 3 MB cars.

However as I understand
1. No data of some optional equipments such as parktronic.
2. Zoomed pictures are not zoomed.
3. No new car yet.