Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 C240 Multifunction Display Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 c240 1995 e320
2001 C240 Multifunction Display Failure

Right after I had my '01 C240 detailed, the multifunction display failed. Occasionally I would get vertical stripes, occasionally it would even work, never, though for more than one trip. I thought the stripes showed the display panel was the problem and ordered a replacement through eBay.

The replacement worked, sort of. The information appeared to be properly displayed, but the amber illumination was much too bright, so much so that I could barely read the text. I noticed, though, that if I waited with the ignition off for the display to wink out, then opened a door to bring it back, for an instant the display would look normal, until the bright lights came on. I think there's light from the panel itself as well as the backlights.

I think I have an almost but not quite right display panel. The number on the old one is 92 281 638. A Google search links to a shop In England, showing this as orange illuminated display.

Can anyone point me to a more convenient source? I had no idea replacing these panels could be so complicated.

Thanks,

Ken McGregor