Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M112 stalling after starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 S320 LPG
M112 stalling after starting

Hello, guys, greetings from Lithuania! I want to tell the story about the ridiculous problems that I am facing right now. For a few months I was enjoying my 1998 W220 S320 ith LPG fuel system but now I have major problem. My beloved Mercedes won't idle or work properly. You can see this issue at this video:
- do not mind those CELS, which appear in the vid. They came up when I had unplug the battery. For now, the have dissapeared.
We hooked up STAR diagnosis, which didn't show any major fault codes. Only few random missfires. This what keeps me worried.
I have checked spark springs, wires and spark plugs - everything is ok. MAF parameters are a bit of normal parameters and TB also. But I am not convinced that this is the problem.
I haven't checked fuel pressure or injectors, because the same problem continues when engine running on LPG gas.
Maybe it is the CPS? Or other problem? My colleague told me, that the problem could be in the MAF. Is that true? If I disconnect MAF - engine would not try to work on idle not for a second. It just starts and then stals.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

Last edited by rolkis; 05-03-2014 at 03:09 PM.