Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Rain Sensor Wipers to C230K Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230, 6 Speed, Bose Stereo, 6 CD Changer
Question Adding Rain Sensor Wipers to C230K Coupe

I know rain sensors are a stand alone option on the C32 for $220 so I was thinking it might be easy to add to the coupe. Is there an MB tech who can answer this? I didn't get them on my coupe because they were bundled with the panorama roof, I needed a hardtop for headroom. It looks like the sensor is already installed on the inside of the windshield, top center. I liked this option alot on my test drive.
Thanks for any help out there.
Peter
Old 03-17-2002, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Id be very suprised if the sensor is installed. [but US cars are different to ours in Europe]

Cars with rainsensors have different windscreens, the rainsensor is cliped at the top in the middle of the windscreen and plugs into the overhead-control panel which is then programmed to tell it [probably other things are programmed aswell] using stard diagnosis computer.

Rain-sensor windscreens have a 1 inch by 1.5 inch hole in the black top stripe [seen froun outside] that can be seen at the top of the windscreen that looks slightly purply (go look a a few cars until you find one) that the sensor "looks" through
Old 03-18-2002, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
I've talked to other C32 owners who did not get the rain sensor option. They have been told that it would be very difficult for the option to be retrofitted, even though the actual sensor is in place on all C32s!

I think you would have to pull the windshield and completely take apart the dash and steering wheel assembly, at the very least.