Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C200 Kompressor Engine Management Light On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 (W203) Mercedes Benz C200 Kompressor
C200 Kompressor Engine Management Light On

Hi,

There are probably numerous threads or questions on this topic and i am glad to add to it as this is my 1st post on this forum.

I have a 2003 C200 Kompressor (1.8 version) and 2 days ago i took my 12 yrs old son to his football training and waited in the car part for him to finish. Engine turned off at this point. After a while as the nights at getting cooler and cooler the inside of the car started chilling up so i turned the engine back on and put the heaters to full blast for while and then turned then a little after the interior had warmed up. i let engine run for a while approx 30mins and then just as i was about to turn the engine off my "Engine management light" came on and has been on ever since. the car drives fine with no problems. This has scared me quite a bit as this is my 1st time experiencing this light and having read and heard of horrible stories about this light, it does not give me a good feeling at all at the moment.

Can someone please advise me what it might be before approaching dealers/mechanics.