Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

someone please help i have major lighting issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 mercedes s430
someone please help i have major lighting issues

okay i have poured over thread after thread. i cant find similar cases so here goes i have a mercedes s430 year 2000. everything was perfect then suddenly the rear left blinker stopped working as well as tail light , same side. replaced bulbs and since it was a two pack went ahead and replaced both tail lights now NEITHER ONE WORKS not only that but around the same time both dim lights stopped working all i have is brights i looked into fuses all i can find for those lights are "electrical fuse" not what type or location like most fuses ive replaced im at a loss any help would be great guys thanks again
Old 12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Just search for "Mercedes (fill in the model #) fuse diagrams" or "fuse card" or "fuse box locations" and you'll get many hits.

Like this one with a 01.95 fuse card. The center card is for the headlights. The box is located on the left end of the dash.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...use-cards.html

Or this one with a July '98 print date but does not include the dashboard box designators:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...tion-list.html

P.S. Commas and periods are wonderful to make your post understandable. I almost passed on bothering to answer because your post is one long run-on sentence. Very difficult to comprehend what you are saying.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 12-18-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beater
Just a thought, take a look under the carpeted panels in the trunk. Specifically on the sides under the battery tray and under the spare tire well. 220s were infamous for getting flooded because the drain tubes easily get clogged with leaf and twig debris. If you find water there, pull up the subfloor in the pass front footwell, chances are there is water in there as also. If that's the case, you are most likely in need of a body harness as it is probably corroded at the connectors or the harness is damaged from the water intrusion. Best of luck to you.