Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Light and Engine Stopped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Hey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic
Battery Light and Engine Stopped

Looking for a some insight on an issues that occurred today on my 2008 E350. I recently purchased this vehicle and it had been running great.

As I was looking in the glove box this morning, I noticed that the glove compartment light was not working (think that it was that way when I purchased it, but can't say for sure). So I pulled out the light cover and removed the bulb to see if it was burnt out. It did not appear to be, but I kept it out, as I thought I should replace it to be on the safe side. A couple minutes later, I went to start the engine and it would not turn over. Thinking that the battery might be dead, I put a jumper pack on it and it turned right over.

I ended up running some errands, which entailed me turning on and off the engine without incident. I picked up some new bulbs for the glove box, in the process of driving home, I had my lovely bride (who was with me) try putting in the new bulb in the glove box. When she did this the glove box light came on for a split second and then everything basically shut down. I got a red battery light in the display cluster. Tried jumping it again, but to no avail. Also tried installing a new battery, but did not work either.

Currently the vehicle is at the shop and they are going to run some diagnostics on it, but was wondering if anyone might have any idea on what the issue might be and the potential fix (and the $$'s associated with it).

Would appreciate any opinions or insight on this (as I am baffled).