Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light comes on after 5 minutes. Help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230 2001
SRS light comes on after 5 minutes. Help please!

2001 SLK 230 SRS light comes on after 5 minutes and stays on. No leak or water issues. The 5 minutes is consistent - it applies whether the car is traveling, parked and running, or simply off but the ignition on. I have owned the car since new. I've never before seen the issue. I had just replaced a fuse (F7 - roof switch), and taken the battery lead off for 24 hours. There was no other disturbance to the car.

What is going on? How can I fix it?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
did you do the resets to the car after reconnecting the battery? one that might help you is with car on and brake on turn steering wheel all the way to the left, than right, than left again and see if that resets your problem.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230 2001
Did not clear the problem

Thanks for you response. I did what you suggested, but the problem remained the same. There may be more extensive reset procedures that I don't know about, but I did what you said in order to clear the BAS/ESP light.

There seems to be a specific timeout occuring. The SRS light always goes on exactly 5 minutes after the ignition is turned on. This happens whether the engine is running, whether the ignition is on and the engine off, or if the car is being driven.