Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to bleed a B200T coolant system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 B200T
How to bleed a B200T coolant system

Does anyone have experience to share in how to bleed the air out of a B200 coolant system? ie, What's the best way to do it without using a vacuum purge kit? Are there actual bleed valves on the engine, or is it self-purging? That kind of stuff.

In connection, I'm also wondering where the coolant high point is. It looks to be the heater hose at the temperature valve on the passenger side firewall (and of course the filler tank nearby). I'm guessing that the cabin heater core is slightly lower(?). I'm getting prepared to install an inline coolant heater into that passenger-side heater hose before winter and would like to know what I'm doing before I start cutting. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B200T
B200 bleeding cooling system

I have a b200 Petrol turbo which had a intermittent overheating problem, fitted new thermostat and electric heater water pump. I have used a bore scope to check the mechanical water pump, impellor is intact and seems OK. I have vacuum filled the system. When starting from cold, temp guage rises steady to 90ish, but no heat to heater and rad still cold, coolant just doesn't seem to be circulating. If I take the car for a drive, the temp guage is off the scale within a minute. Could this still be an air lock problem, is there a spacial way of doing it?

​​
Old 07-25-2020, 06:56 AM

Received 793 Likes on 616 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Markgrice
I have a b200 Petrol turbo which had a intermittent overheating problem, fitted new thermostat and electric heater water pump. I have used a bore scope to check the mechanical water pump, impellor is intact and seems OK. I have vacuum filled the system. When starting from cold, temp guage rises steady to 90ish, but no heat to heater and rad still cold, coolant just doesn't seem to be circulating. If I take the car for a drive, the temp guage is off the scale within a minute. Could this still be an air lock problem, is there a spacial way of doing it?

​​

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (07-25-2020)