Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has power, power vacuum supply clicking, ignition lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes e320
Has power, power vacuum supply clicking, ignition lock

Hello,

I could use some help here. I have a 2000 Merecedes e320 and this morning the car all of a sudden wouldn't start. I checked the battery and it's just fine. Here are some of the issues.
* Power vacuum supply is making a clicking sound underneath the back seat
* Little green oval light on the dash next to the headlight switch is flashing in accordance with the clicking
* The ignition is locked. Can't turn the key and when I insert the key I get the "Remove Key" notice on the dash
* Towing light is also flashing

I think it could be a security issue, however, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nate
Old 01-11-2016, 02:15 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by Nate Miller
Hello,

I could use some help here. I have a 2000 Merecedes e320 and this morning the car all of a sudden wouldn't start. I checked the battery and it's just fine. Here are some of the issues.
* Power vacuum supply is making a clicking sound underneath the back seat
* Little green oval light on the dash next to the headlight switch is flashing in accordance with the clicking
* The ignition is locked. Can't turn the key and when I insert the key I get the "Remove Key" notice on the dash
* Towing light is also flashing

I think it could be a security issue, however, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nate
Did you try to lock and unlock the car with the key?