Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 Front KMac bushing alignment instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
W211 Front KMac bushing alignment instructions

Attached are a pair of diagrams to ease the alignment of the front wheels of your car after installing KMac bushings.

I installed KMac bushings on all four corners of my W211. I aligned the rear wheels but took it to an alignment shop for the front wheels; it took the shop three tries to get it correct. The tech was trying to adjust camber and caster by only using the thrust arms rather than a combination of the thrust and control arms.

FWIW, I drew the diagrams with the adjustment bolts starting point in either 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock positions. Easier to reference that way. Be advised of two points that Kevin at KMac made to me:
-the bushings can be pressed in at any position; they do not have to be at 6 or 12 o'clock. (Rotating the adjustment bolt to 6 or 12 o'clock gives one a starting point with which you can use the attached diagrams.)
-Do not set the thrust arm bushings to 3 or 9 o'clock positions. This pulls/pushes the control arm to extremes which can result in the control arm's bushing binding at full extension or compression.
Attached Files