Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering fluid in brake fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Power steering fluid in brake fluid

So today I totally screwed up and poured PSF into the brake reservoir. Luckily I did not start my car or anything and realized it right after I poured it in. I pour probably ~50mL into my car as I was just topping up. I sucked up as much of PSF and BF out as possible and poured fresh BF into it and sucked it out again. I did about 1+ liter of this (3-4 times). I can see only tiny oil spec floating on the top of the reservoir and I plan on getting it flushed the next day. My question is, should I just get my GL 550 towed to a shop to flush or can I drive it there immediately and flush it?

I am having such a crappy day right now. I did some search and other people who did the same thing as me were able to drive to a auto shop and get it flushed without a problem.

Last edited by Deviatorz; 05-03-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Based upon what you have done---drive the car!!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Based upon what you have done---drive the car!!
Thanks.

So today as I was changing the BF, the little mesh strainer dropped down into a pit while I was putting it back. As I was attempting to grab it, it dropped further down and now I can't even see it. I called mercedes and now they are back ordering it which might take long time. Is there anything I can do? I cleaned the cap off making sure there are no residues and is now secured on tightly.

Once I change the fluid I will drive it slightly aggressively hoping that it might roll to its side so I can grab it. My week is just getting crappier and crappier.

I'll ask the mechanic to see if they have one of those worm camera that flexes down to see how far the ****** is.....