Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 CLK200k A209 Failed wash wipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK200K Convertible
Question 2005 CLK200k A209 Failed wash wipe?

Hi All,

Over the last few months i've noticed that the wash wipe function on my car has been playing up and working intermittently and has now pretty much stopped working altogether.

The twist part works fine for the wipers and the indicators and headlamp flash are also all fine. Its just when you lightly depress the stalk there is no wipe from the wipers and if you fully depress the button there is no wash wipe, although it works perfectly when on main beam?

Whilst driving recently I pushed the stalk button fully in and just held it there. I'd get the odd squirt from the washers along with a wipe from the wipers but it would stop as quickly as it started? It seemed to kick in whilst turning the wheel, or did I just think it did?

Anyone else had this problem? Is it possible something like a connector has come lose or is it replacement stalk time?

TIA.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK200K Convertible
Had a quick look today and noticed the whole assembly seems loose? The allen bolt that you access from underneath is tight though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_7...ature=youtu.be