Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help, any suggestions appreciated.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W209 CLK 240
Please help, any suggestions appreciated.

Hi,

My first post so hello to everyone.

I have recently purchased a 2002 W209 CLK 240.

Yesterday i opened my door after returning home and noticed it did not drop down.

Drivers side

Windows front and back both sides do not work on front or rear switch, not illuminated either, boot did work but now doesnt either. windows do not drop down and go up when door opened. Front window stuck fully up and rear window stuck in the drop down position

Passenger side

Front window drops down but does not go up when door shut, but can use passenger front window switch to put back up. Back window not working at all and stuck in drop down position. this side is illuminated.

Have checked fuse 21/22 to the side of the dash drivers side and looks ok, checked fuse 63 in engine and looks ok. Have taken door card off drivers side and played around with connections, nothing obvious there.

Is there anything else it could be before i go and buy a used DCM, will a used one work as a direct replacement or does it need to be programmed. As passenger side is playingup will i need to replace both sides.

Thanks in advance for replies

Adam
Old 01-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
Hey Adam,
Just throwing this out because you've gotten no other responses. If it were me, I'd try some things that dont cost money, and can do no harm, before thinking about buying parts.

The fuse thing you've done is foremost. But there are so many inner-working systems on these cars, you may have an issue with a fuse that you wouldn't guess would be related. I'd check as many fuses as you can get your hands on, and look at them closely. I've missed blown fuses by checking them in the poor light of the trunk (boot), in a garage - when I should have been using a good flashlight and my reading glasses.

If you don't find a bad fuse, maybe consider a hard reset of the system by disconnecting the battery, and letting it sit for a few minutes before reconnecting.

Finally, taking it to a dealer, and having them throw it on a scope will cost you an hour of labor - but could save you £££ in tinkering costs.

Best of luck
Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
Oh yeah, this...

Don't know about your car, but mine has instructions for "syncing the windows" in the owners manual.