Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C240 not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
C240 not working

Hey I'm really new to forums and I need some help, unfortunately I can not take my car in to a mechanic for repair, because money is extra tight right now. Here is what is happening:

2002 C240 a little over 55k miles

I was driving to work going about 60 mph I noticed it was hesitating to go faster, RPMS went up but the car didn't accelerate. I let go of the gas pedal and let the RPMS go back down, then I pressed again. The car seemed like it kicked in and went faster. I didn't hear any noise.

On the way home the car was not moving past 20 mph, I would press the gas and nothing happened. RPMS was not going up. I would come to a complete stop. Press the gas pedal again and it would start to accelerate slowly, but not going past 20 mph. Eventually the car just died. I would try to start my car and it would start, then shake and turn off. I would start the car again and it would start, I pressed the gas to move up the RPMS and that didn't work. RPMs did not repond when pressing the gas. I would turn off in less then a minute

There gas is 3/4 full and I always use Shell Premium Gasoline

I ran the codes and this is what I got:
P0171, P1074, P0300, P0302

I replaced the MAF Sensor (well the housing and Sensor, since I couldn't buy just the sensor) Same issue.

Now I'm just stuck, I don't know if I should just start replacing parts from cheapest to most expensive.