Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.

2001 Mercedes Benz CL 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big and Heavy 03 CL
Ok, I'm really confused right now This guy is asking me if I'm still selling my 18 inch OEM CL500 wheels, yet the car has almost the same wheels in the pictures! And call me crazy, but those look like pics of a 55, not a 500. And if it is a 500, whoever did it, did a great job installing a 55 rear bumper and dual exhaust!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
It's most likely not a CL55.

I am unrelated to the seller and I am not trying to pick sides. That being said, based on my observations, it's may very well be a CL500 because:

1. The non-LED lights on the outer mirror housings on Pre-2003 models
2. The brake does not appear to have huge AMG calipers
3. No obvious Kompressor badge
4. The front AMG bumper is of pre-03' vintage

The European plate really doesn't say anything, as my BMW has a Munich plate. It's just a novelty.

The wheels on that CL500 are 19 inchers. Not the 18 inch version.

Why not just pay the guy a visit or call him on his cell phone?

It's always best not to draw conclusions based on assumptions.

Jon
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Almost a Member!

05 MB CL 55
you're like the only sane person here, but i've noticed that most of these people are just bored and broke, there're not looking to buy anything they're just looking for something to talk about

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
It's most likely not a CL55.

I am unrelated to the seller and I am not trying to pick sides. That being said, based on my observations, it's may very well be a CL500 because:

1. The non-LED lights on the outer mirror housings on Pre-2003 models
2. The brake does not appear to have huge AMG calipers
3. No obvious Kompressor badge
4. The front AMG bumper is of pre-03' vintage

The European plate really doesn't say anything, as my BMW has a Munich plate. It's just a novelty.

The wheels on that CL500 are 19 inchers. Not the 18 inch version.

Why not just pay the guy a visit or call him on his cell phone?

It's always best not to draw conclusions based on assumptions.

Jon
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM

2004 S600
Originally Posted by NGiNWERK
you're like the only sane person here, but i've noticed that most of these people are just bored and broke, there're not looking to buy anything they're just looking for something to talk about
And you're being a fool by not answering questions or providing information. Not exactly the best way to go about selling your vehicle, eh...

Providing information in the first post means people are bugging you by PM all the time.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Almost a Member!

05 MB CL 55
Originally Posted by W210 Guy
And you're being a fool by not answering questions or providing information. Not exactly the best way to go about selling your vehicle, eh...

Providing information in the first post means people are bugging you by PM all the time.
hey dumbass if i was waiting to sell my car through this stupid site only where a couple of bored idiots view stupid stuff totalk about and waste their boring lives i'd really be a fool but you do not know me so your right i am a fool for answering you stupids.

not one person that looked at this car has money to buy it, just dreamers who wish they were able to afford
Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by NGiNWERK
not one person that looked at this car has money to buy it, just dreamers who wish they were able to afford
Dude, get off your high horse. It's $20,000 TOPS!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can afford it, you're just going about selling it in completely the wrong way; not answering questions, not putting a price on it, very limited info in the initial post etc. etc.

If I were on the lookout for an '01 CL500 then that'd put me right off buying. I'm on the lookout for other vehicles at the moment and lack of info is a real turnoff for me. That's before we get to your sucky attitude.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
That's enough. You cannot come here and insult members who ask very relevant questions. This sale is an abject failure. You are a failure, and are welcome to try to sell your wares via some other mechanism.