Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS- 1996 C36 AMG

Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG and 1999 BMW e46
FS- 1996 C36 AMG

Well, new job, we just bought a new car, and baby number two is on the way, so it's time to sell the AMG and get an SUV for my wife. I am feeling lazy, so here is a copy and paste of my CL listing- Oh and I am located in central Florida-

Just bought a new car, so this one is up for sale. 1996 C36, 192k, COLD AC, great interior, lots of maintenance done recently with lots of receipts. This is a REAL C36 AMG, not an eBay special. I can provide VIN and engine serial numbers. If you are not sure what exactly it is, it's a Mercedes that was in house tuned by AMG. The C36 was actually the first Mercedes tuned by AMG after AMG and Mercedes had merged. The C36 was only made for 3 years. 1,018 were made for North America, and only 296 for this particular year (1996) A little history on this car- I bought it from someone who did not know what they had, and yes, it had been neglected, but not abused. I spent a lot of time and money going through the car and bringing it back up to par to be a good, reliable, daily driver. All the receipts that I have are from me, I didn't get much history from the previous owner.

Partial list of recent maintenance (all parts are NEW with in the last 5k miles)-
Valve cover gasket
Trans filter
Trans gasket
Spark plugs
Wires
Coil packs
MAF
Air Intake Temp Sensor
Water pump
Thermostat
Idler Arm Bushing
Engine mounts (x2)
Transmission Mount
Bosch fuel pressure regulator
Serpentine belt
Belt tensioner
Belt tensioner pulley
Bosch O2 sensors (x2)
Front tires are only a few months old.
New rotors and ceramic pads all around
Vogtland lowering springs (Still have original AMG springs too)
Bilstien shocks

There have also been a few upgrades done by myself; It has 18 wheels off of a w220 S55 AMG, 4 piston aluminum Brembo calipers up front from a 2006 CL600 (same brakes as the C32 AMG). It's lowered on Vogtland springs and Bilstein shocks, and I also have a set of adjustable camber arms that have yet to be installed. These will go with the car, along with all the spare parts that I have, including a spare, non-AMG, engine.

The car is properly wired up for an e-fan with a complete plug and play harness made by myself, with its own relay and temp switch. It still needs the fan itself as I was sent the wrong fan....twice, haha.

A couple little annoyances about the car- The gas gauge is intermittent (most of the time it does not work) so I just use the trip-meter. There is one hole in the pass seat. AC blows cold, but only out of the side vents, no air blows from the center vents at all. That's about it.

As you can see in the pictures, the paint is not very good at all. It is the original paint. Other than that, the car is in really good shape. This is a really fun car and it has been nothing but reliable, a paint job would make it perfect.

DISCLAMER- The paint looks better in the pictures than it does in person.

The only reason for selling is because I bought something newer already, and my wife wants an SUV. I will entertain trade offers.

Here is the link to my eBay listing. (Pictures and videos on eBay listing). I have it priced at $4700 on there, but I will make a forum member a better deal, especially if I can avoid the eBay fees. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131403898842...84.m1555.l2649
Old 01-26-2015, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'98 C43 AMG
Did the car sell?