Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS 1987 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth W201

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55, 05 Maserati Coupe, 07 GL450 (the family truckster)
FS 1987 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth W201

Rare and wonderful 2.3-16

I am having a problem uploading pictures, but they can be found here: https://190e2316.shutterfly.com/

This is the car that MB used to homologate the w201 for DTM racing. The 2.3-16 is legendary for:

dominating DTM racing;
causing BMW to get frustrated and create the M3;
allowing Ayrton Senna to get noticed (my car has removable, vinyl decals to match the Senna car that is in the Mercedes museum);

A few details about my car:
Smoke silver;
5 speed manual (good ole factory dogleg);
all books and keys from new (!);
at least 1" stack of records in a binder;
115k well maintained and cared for miles (my car could easily pass for 1/2 that mileage)
runs and drives like it should...awesome!
everything works down to the factory lap timer, cruise control (!), etc. with the few minor exceptions noted below;
wonderful condition (see pictures I have of not just the top side, but also the bottom side );

Amongst the one inch stack of records, reflecting history and things such as the following within the past 10K miles:

clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing;
suspension;
control arms and various bushings;
valve cover gasket;
radiator replaced (OEM);
front and rear brakes and rotors, and Goodridge braided lines;
Full tune up, right down to the distributor cap, rotor and wires.

Modifications List:

- euro front headlight conversion (i have original side markers too)
- Problematic SLS Bag suspension deleted with proper pump delete plate at cam cover. Swapped to Bilsteins with E400 springs, one inch higher in the rear.
-Cats and Resonators deleted. Aftermarket muffler behind and factory header remains. Car announces its presence, but not at all offensive and especially quiet at idle.
-Stoptech Rotors with EBC "Red Stuff" pads installed front and rear
-Stock wheels (15x7) with Toyo Proxxes R1s. A very serious tire
-Evo I wheels (16x8) currently installed. with excellent condition Dunlop Direzzas on them.
-Camber Plates, from Poland, I believe it was 3 degrees in the front, 2.5 in the rear.

Issues
I believe in full candor. So rather than just say everything works, here is the quite limited list of issues with this car:

a few straight line stereo-typical dash top splits (oddly enough, very minor in my car's case);
A few cracks in some of the dash flat panels (see pics);
A/C just stopped working. Recently upgraded, I believe it may be a dash servo issue based upon the way it stopped;
car was parked under an apple tree at one point. It has a few very minor dimples that dont show in pics. I was going to have a dent-magician remove them, but in the end, never bothered because it's kind of minor;
typical rear seat back seam split, which is repairable;
one very minor surface bubble at driver side front Cossie flare;
driver side front door door card a bit messed up right at the very top (black tape over it).
a note on CarFax about an accident.... The wonder of CarFax, it was a fender bender!..I have the insurance history report, including a $176 claim.

Overall, this is just a wonderful example that is true what made it legendary. These cars have been appreciating in value, and this car is a fine example of why that will continue.

Very reasonably offered at $13,999 or best offer.

Andy
203 Nine one Five 9005

Last edited by e55 ltwt; 09-13-2015 at 12:39 PM.