Notices

St. Louis Folks... Where do you get your service done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300
St. Louis Folks... Where do you get your service done?

Curious where people in the St. Louis area go for service. I bought my car from Plaza and have been there several times as well as several times to the new MB STL and honestly I'm not that impressed with either. I'd like suggestions on non-dealer shops who specialize in Mercedes.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
I've been watching this thread and hoping to see some feedback. I recently used Plaza West for a Service A on my 12 ML350. It was a comedy of errors. I scheduled a week out online and requested a loaner. On arrival, I was told the online program is a 3rd party and they don't get the information so they didn't know what the service was and there I was calling for a ride. When I picked the car up, I was told it would be $425. I did some research and was quoted 2-300 from independents so I didn't expect plaza to be that high.....

It's a bitter pill to swallow coming from 8 years with a Lexus at a fantastic dealer in Mungenast. I never paid more than $200 for an oil change/ tire rotation there and my vehicle was always cleaned up when I arrived.

I'm definitely looking for a strong independent after this fiasco.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300
Mercedes dealers are a freaking rip off. If there was someone independant that was close to me I could trust my Mercedes with I would use them instead, but so far I haven't found any recommendations that aren't pretty far west of the city and they aren't willing to shuttle me back and forth. If I can't get a loaner or at least a ride home or to work I can't leave my car anywhere for a day.

Mercedes St. Louis charged me $145 to "look" at a problem that I know Plaza would not have charged me a dime to check. Plaza vs MBSTL both have pros and cons, but I find more cons and the exorbitant prices have me thinking twice about buying another Mercedes.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'08 CL600 with 152k km; '01 E430 4Matic with 428k km; '17 Porsche Cayenne with 103k km
I took my car to Euro Car. As far as rides to and from work or home, I used Uber.

Please read my review below.

There are few things that a man trusts in life.

1. His bartender
2. His tailor
3. His barber
4. His mechanic

I am proud to say that Euro Car is my trusted mechanic after this past weekend.

Friday, I took my 2001 Mercedes E430 4Matic in at 730a to take care of a squeaking while idling sound from the front (sounded like a pump or belt), torn CV boot, and faulty fuel gauge. Eric was able to properly diagnose my car within an hour of him having possession of the vehicle.

1. Tensioner and idler pulley needed replacement
2. New CV axle on the driver's side needed replacement
3. Wheel bearing on the driver's side needed replacement

No codes were thrown for the faulty fuel gauge, so he advised to wait until the code is thrown or find out what the code was in order to further diagnose.

He quoted a price that explained everything that needed to be done. I explained that I would be out of town, so he could take his time.

Monday came around and he explained that there were some other repairs that were done incorrectly by another mechanic, so he offered to fix those at no-charge. More accurately, he discounted a few items on the quote to even out the $300 in labor and $100 in parts.

The most important thing to note out of all this was the fact that he mentioned other items that 'could' need repair, but he was very candid and stated that it wasn't detrimental to the driveability of the car and didn't push anything that wasn't necessary. I kindly opted out and he was fine with that.

Eric is truly an honorable man of his craft and I wouldn't trust any other technician with my vehicles.

As he so eloquently put it: Just let us fix your car moving forward and we'll take care of you. Indeed you will, Eric. Indeed you will.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55. 2003 E320
If you would like to give us a try, I'm the service writer/mechanic at Hillside Auto Repair in Ofallon MO. We work on all Euro cars from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Mini and Volvo. Doing a full tune up on a 06 CLS55 AMG tommorow (helps I have the same car but body panels E55)
The following users liked this post:
Yup497 (09-16-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 GL550 | 2020 S560
I know this thread is old but I've had zero issues with Plaza Mercedes. My S.A. Curtis has never done me wrong and almost everytime I show up, my bill is less than quoted.

He has thrown in free oil changes here and there too.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'08 CL600 with 152k km; '01 E430 4Matic with 428k km; '17 Porsche Cayenne with 103k km
Another recommendation in STL

I've been taking both of my Benzes to Euro Car on Page Ave since I moved up from FL. Nas and his team are quite honest and they do spectacular work. He specializes in BMW and Mercedes and has over 35 years experience in the industry.
Yup497 (12-04-2020)
Old 10-28-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c63 AMG
I used chesterfield MB for my first service. They were good and advised me of what i needed to know. I will probably continue to use them for maintenance package fulfillment but any work or replacement of parts will probably be done outside of the dealer just due to price of work.

Anyone have autostart utilizing the OEM Key fob? If so, who installed yours and where? I want to get auto start installed and would like to be able to use both OEM key fob and have the aftermarket remote start fob with further distance.
Yup497 (12-04-2020)