ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Resonator Bypass review ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML63
I did the resonator delete. Barely notice a difference in sound. IMO not worth the trouble.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:19 PM

CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Okay, guys, so, I had the 2 Mufflers deleted a couple of days ago, and I must say that I'm looking for short trips just to hear the exhaust!

With both Mufflers deleted and replaced with 3 inch 409 Stainless Steel Piping and both Resonators deleted with the same piping, it sounds pretty good, yes a little loud, but not at idle or 1500 RPM or below. Use Comfort to start in 2nd gear for less noise.

For those of you who like it a bit quieter and probably what I would have done if I did it over, is to just delete the two mufflers but leave the two stock resonators in place.

If you like it loud like the new 707 HP Dodge Challenger Hellcat, then do what I did.

3:09-3:11 is the sweet sounding exhaust.

Originally Posted by newguy2008
Okay, I too have finally had the resonators deleted on my ML63, which I'm pretty happy with after a few days. I went with 3" Stainless Steel Straight pipes.

My 2 cents:

Although I was disappointed when I started it up leaving the Exhaust Shop, I must say that it is growing on me.

From idle, you don't really hear much of a difference, but if you step on it on an on-ramp onto a highway/freeway, you do hear a much butter sound than stock. Just make sure that you're in the Sport mode and not Comfort.

I read here that it will sound louder after 2-3 months but I am contemplating deleting one of the rear mufflers to get it louder. Has anyone done that or should I not bother with it? I don't want it sounding like a done up Honda Civic, but I wouldn't mind a more throaty sound even at idle. The sound of the Turbo ML63 in the video is what I'm after.

I'll post pics later of my setup.
Thanks.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML63 AMG
I need to look into this
Old 09-07-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by executive13
I did the resonator delete. Barely notice a difference in sound. IMO not worth the trouble.
It takes a full 3-6 months to get the full sound from the resonator delete... Trust me in a few months time you will be completely 100% happy.

Be patient, the sound will come. The harder & longer you drive it, the faster the transformation will occure
Old 09-07-2014, 09:01 PM

2014 ML63
Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
It takes a full 3-6 months to get the full sound from the resonator delete... Trust me in a few months time you will be completely 100% happy.

Be patient, the sound will come. The harder & longer you drive it, the faster the transformation will occure

It has nothing to do with how long you had the delete. Its how many miles have been driven since the delete was done. I never said I just got the delete done and I didnt notice a difference. I had it done around 10K miles ago and it did NOT make a noticable difference. Again I will say IMO not worth the trouble. Did hardly anything.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I had my res removed several months ago and I must say the truck tone has changed over time. Much better now.

I'm guessing there is some glass or fiber in the muffs getting burned up?????
Old 09-08-2014, 07:45 AM

2011 Mercedes ML 63 AMG, 2006 SLK 55 AMG (stolen)
Does anyone have sound / video clips of the sound after the resonator delete?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
It has nothing to do with how long you had the delete. Its how many miles have been driven since the delete was done. I never said I just got the delete done and I didnt notice a difference. I had it done around 10K miles ago and it did NOT make a noticable difference. Again I will say IMO not worth the trouble. Did hardly anything.
Then you just not push your car at all, if you baby your car then you shouldn't be driving an AMG.

If you push it the tone will transform quite drastically. Up to 15-20% louder from just AFTER doing the resonator delete (the sound is even change is even more so when comparing to before).
Old 09-09-2014, 11:44 AM

2014 ML63
Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
Then you just not push your car at all, if you baby your car then you shouldn't be driving an AMG.

If you push it the tone will transform quite drastically. Up to 15-20% louder from just AFTER doing the resonator delete (the sound is even change is even more so when comparing to before).
I don't push my car at all? Like you know how I drive? You are amazing that you have no clue how I am but know how I drive. Yes the car is pushed. I shouldn't be driving an amg? Who the hell are you to tell me anything? Look inside the resonators. They are not built to muffle sound. 15-20% louder just after they are removed? You must be high kid. Almost ZERO change right after they were removed. Couldn't even notice a difference. Don't tell me how my car sounded before and after the delete. You have no clue. 20% louder...haha yeah and my 164 stops better than the 166. Lol. Put down the pipe kiddo.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:36 PM
S K

2008 Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG
I don't push my car at all? Like you know how I drive? You are amazing that you have no clue how I am but know how I drive. Yes the car is pushed. I shouldn't be driving an amg? Who the hell are you to tell me anything? Look inside the resonators. They are not built to muffle sound. 15-20% louder just after they are removed? You must be high kid. Almost ZERO change right after they were removed. Couldn't even notice a difference. Don't tell me how my car sounded before and after the delete. You have no clue. 20% louder...haha yeah and my 164 stops better than the 166. Lol. Put down the pipe kiddo.

Bro ur butthurt it's okay