ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

low coolant warning

Old 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 sl65
low coolant warning

I just got into an 08 ML63 with 35k on it in great shape.

After 2 weeks or so of having it I intermittently get a low coolant warning, but then it will go away for a few days only to come to back for a day or two.

I went to add coolant but was told the coolant level was fine. Anyone else have issues with a false warning?

Also at times when I turn ignition off I get "please correct tire pressures" warning in the message center but the amber low tire pressure warning light in the speedo instrument cluster has never gone off and the tire pressures seem to be fine.

Is this a case of just some tempermental sensors, or am I missing something?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
Originally Posted by mominayal
I just got into an 08 ML63 with 35k on it in great shape.

After 2 weeks or so of having it I intermittently get a low coolant warning, but then it will go away for a few days only to come to back for a day or two.

I went to add coolant but was told the coolant level was fine. Anyone else have issues with a false warning?

Also at times when I turn ignition off I get "please correct tire pressures" warning in the message center but the amber low tire pressure warning light in the speedo instrument cluster has never gone off and the tire pressures seem to be fine.

Is this a case of just some tempermental sensors, or am I missing something?
Dont worry its not a coolant problem, you have low windshield washer fluid, the two sensors run on the same line, so if one fails the other or both are projected.