RENNtech ML63 Product Line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
RENNtech ML63 Product Line

Below are some of the products we offer for the current ML63 Bi Turbo.

Please contact me with any questions or to place an order.

Our proprietary ECU upgrade for the Mercedes M157 engine offers huge gains in performance across the entire RPM range without sacrificing around town comfort or daily driver reliability.
Our ECU tune offers the biggest performance gains on the market; increasing performance to an astonishing 635 HP and 620 lb/ft at the crank! This allows the M157 engine to run the quarter mile in an impressive time and dramatically improves 0-60 mph times.
ML 63 (W166) M157 Bi Turbo-Stock Performance (Non Performance Package):
  • 518 HP @ 5250 RPM; 516 LB-FT @ 1750-5000 RPM
Modified Performance (Non Performance Package):
  • 635 HP @ 5500 RPM; 620 LB-FT @ 3800 RPM

ML 63 (W166) M157 Bi Turbo-Stock Performance (With Performance Package):
  • 550 HP @ 5250 RPM; 560 LB-FT @ 1750-5000 RPM
Modified Performance (With Performance Package):
  • 635 HP @ 5500 RPM; 620 LB-FT @ 3800 RPM
Price: $3,495

The RENNtech V3 Digital Lowering Module (DLM) is designed to work with all available Mercedes Airmatic or ABC (Hydraulic) Suspensions.The unit allows the user to have full control over all four corners of the vehicle’s suspension and adjust in 1mm increments.
The DLM requires no splicing or soldering to the factory wiring harness. The RENNtech harness utilizes the factory pins as to allow a completely reversible installation.
The unit also supports speed-dependant lowering that allows the vehicle to return to its factory ride-height at a pre-set speed. This removes the need for the vehicle to be aligned after lowering. The user can maintain the factory longevity and still have the lowered look at low speeds!
All RENNtech DLMs are adjustable via USB using either Windows or Android OS.The software allows the user to adjust the ride-height at each corner in 1mm increments independently.The software also has three locations where the user can store pre-configured suspension setups for quick changes.
  • Please note: On the SL 550 (R231) the ABC suspension system is optional equipment from the factory. The ABC suspension system is required for the digital lowering module (DLM)
RENNtech VAG V3.5 DLM Module Specifications:
  • Current Consumption: 30mA (60mA while plugged in to PC/Tablet)
  • Adjustment increments: 1mm
  • Maximum Lowering: Limited only by vehicle
  • Adjustment Methods: PC or Android (Tablet)
  • Size: 53mm x 73mm x 24mm
  • Weight: 1.2oz

Mercedes made the latest generation of 63 biturbo engines seriously fast right out of the box. Challenge accepted…….
We took the latest generation of M157 biturbo engines and spent months testing and developing our line of performance turbos.
We start with a set of motorsport derived ball bearing turbochargers from Garrett, one of the most respected turbo manufactures in the industry whose products offer rugged service life and OEM daily driver reliability. Using this platform as a foundation, we put in a lot of work to adapt these turbos to our specific application.
The lightweight forged billet wheels feature a dramatically larger than stock impeller (inlet side) and an increase in the turbine trim (exhaust side). This combination of high quality, light weight components coupled with less rolling resistance from the ball bearing cartridge compensates for turbo lag despite being a functionally larger turbo. The cartridge supporting shaft is also both larger and stronger designed to handle the larger wheels and added power. This entire cartridge is then fine balanced as a complete assembly to compensate for these increases. The impeller and turbine housings are then precision CNC machined and flow tested in-house to fit the larger internal cartridge. The end result is nothing short of spectacular with the RENNtech turbo package making an incredible 678 HP and 652 TQ at the crank!
More power isn’t the only performance benefit as our turbos spool quicker, offer a more responsive throttle and immediate power delivery thanks to a reduction in exhaust back pressure, rolling resistance, higher RPM's and a lighter rotating mass. In addition, our turbo upgrade kit includes new high quality lines and fittings wrapped in heat resistant sleeves with every detailed piece manufactured and tested in-house to ensure years of 100% trouble-free and leak proof operation. These lines are made specifically to adapt to our turbos as this isn’t just an OEM unit with machined internals; but a dramatically larger, more powerful turbocharger that blows away anything else on the market!
The RENNtech performance turbo upgrade is truly the ultimate upgrade for your 63 series M157 biturbo!
Key Features:
  • RENNtech Ball Bearing Garrett derived turbo chargers
  • Larger impeller (inlet) and turbine (exhaust) cartridge
  • Cartridge shaft is larger and stronger to support larger wheels
  • Entire cartridge is fine balanced as an assembly
  • Lightweight forged billet wheels
  • Less rolling resistance offers quicker spooling
  • Virtually no lag with impressive throttle response
  • Precision machined impeller and turbine housings
  • Leak proof, high quality lines and fittings with heat shielding
  • 678 Hp and 652 TQ @ crank
Performance:
  • Note: We have found the new M157 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes Benz. We typically see slightly higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
  • This upgrade requires the RENNtech ECU upgrade. In addition we recommend the RENNtech downpipe and intercooler pump upgrade.
ML 63 (W166) M157 Bi Turbo-Stock Performance (Non Performance Package):
  • 518 HP @ 5250 RPM; 516 LB-FT @ 1750-5000 RPM
Modified Performance (Non Performance Package):
  • 678 HP @ 5500 RPM; 652 LB-FT @ 3800 RPM
ML 63 (W166) M157 Bi Turbo-Stock Performance (With Performance Package):
  • 550 HP @ 5250 RPM; 560 LB-FT @ 1750-5000 RPM
Modified Performance (With Performance Package):
  • 678 HP @ 5500 RPM; 652 LB-FT @ 3800 RPM
Price: $11,840

Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Just curious about why such a big difference in HP between m157 in ML63 and lets say CLS63 when modified?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
Just curious about why such a big difference in HP between m157 in ML63 and lets say CLS63 when modified?
Great question!

Imo Brabus and Renntech both believe the transmission on the ml63 and gl63 can't handle the torque in the long run...
Just my 2 cents

Vath for exemple offers 800hp but they limit the torque to 1'000 Nm on the w166 ml63

And Brabus doesn't offer neither want to install their 6l 850 bi turbo engine on our ml :-(

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 04-19-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
The driveline is what hold's us back from giving it all the power. The trans we can up grade to handle it but we feel the transfer case is the going to be the weak link as does Mercedes Benz.

Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63
Glad i found this thread, i have just purchased and am currently waiting on a new ML63 and am wanting to know what i can do to give it a bit more poke. First round of mods i am searching for is full exhaust, tune and a lowering mod. Could anyone tell me if this Rentech mob ship to Australia.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Glad i found this thread, i have just purchased and am currently waiting on a new ML63 and am wanting to know what i can do to give it a bit more poke. First round of mods i am searching for is full exhaust, tune and a lowering mod. Could anyone tell me if this Rentech mob ship to Australia.

Absolutely, we ship world wide! Please give us a call and we will be happy to go over all of the options for your new ML63.