Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 183 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
FS: 2008 ML63 AMG Silver/Black

Hey guys;

I'm thinking of changing vehicles. I truly love this little bulldog. I have found that with it's short body, it's highly manueverable. The mods done by the previous owner were done the right way: Eurotune ECU and TCU (~545HP), RacingBrake compound slotted rotors and Forgestar rotary-spun 10 spoke anthracite wheels with new Conti DWS's. The interior is immaculate. Mileage is at 76K. The vehicle was sold and has been maintained by MB Greenway since originally sold. All records are available. No accidents (I believe there are 4 small dings and scratches. That's it) The paint is still great.

Asking $35K. I believe that's a reasonable price for what is being offered. I do have a warranty (2yr/30k) through First Automotive with $0 deductible. EVERYTHING is covered including the airmatic suspension, bushings, gaskets, etc. This warranty cost me $4200. It's embedded in the price. You don't want it, reduce price by $4K ($31K as is).

This weekend, I will be installing EBC Red Stuff pads and new AMG spring plates. I've already had the brake fluid flushed two weeks ago.

It goes in the shop (MB Greenway here in Houston) Tuesday for a new front half axle (torn boot) and a caster/camber bolt kit*. Alignment will be redone. And also, the right bullet light socket will be replaced; intermittant problem.

*- Why do I have to pay $550 to have the f'g Benz track straight on highways and not want to drift to the right? I would think this would be taken into account for the US market.

Pics coming this weekend after brake job.

Bruce 281-827-0627
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Hey Bruce,

Why in the world are you selling that car? It's the best ML out there other than mine, every single possible mod was done right and it's truly sorted out amazingly well. I promise you there isn't a better SUV out there
Old 09-04-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
FYI, those rotors cannot take ceramic pads. Not 100% sure EBC red pads are compatible with those rotors, stick with the stock AMG brake pads or RacingBrakes special pads meant for those rotors.

Also, the brake fluid was Castrol SRF, if you replaced the fluid with regular fluid you just downgraded the brakes.

EDIT: just found out EBC Redstuff pads are ceramic ... DO NOT PUT THOSE PADS ON THE CAR, you will ruin the special expensive 2-piece rotors on that car. Replace wtih stock AMG pads at the dealership.

Last edited by ML63 AMG; 09-04-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 183 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
FYI, those rotors cannot take ceramic pads. Not 100% sure EBC red pads are compatible with those rotors, stick with the stock AMG brake pads or RacingBrakes special pads meant for those rotors.

Also, the brake fluid was Castrol SRF, if you replaced the fluid with regular fluid you just downgraded the brakes.

EDIT: just found out EBC Redstuff pads are ceramic ... DO NOT PUT THOSE PADS ON THE CAR, you will ruin the special expensive 2-piece rotors on that car. Replace wtih stock AMG pads at the dealership.
Understand. Thanks. Never managed to meet with "Michael", the previous owner. He stopped responding to requests to meet. Said he had a lot of information and maybe a spare key.

I just miss tossing around my old Shelby with 640hp or move into my 5th M3.

The brakes don't seem to scrub off the speed as I would like. Thought the fluid change would help and it did not. That's why the pads were next. Figured they may have been beat up by NXCess before I bought it.