newbie introduction with question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml55 amg
newbie introduction with question

Hi All,
I am the owner of a recently acquired 2000 ML55 AMG that I bought primarily to have a vehicle with a good tow rating. Quite a boost in power (and gas consumption) over my previous Honda CR-V.
My question is that the security code with the vehicle paperwork doesn't unlock the MCS. When I pulled the unit out of the dash I discovered that the serial number of the MCS doesn't match the serial number in the paperwork. Can anyone direct me to where I can obtain the correct security code for my MCS? The serial number of my MCS is AL431030753088.
Jack
Old 01-08-2015, 06:58 PM

ml55 amg
I'm replying to my own message. I got the correct security code through MB customer support after providing the correct serial number. Now encountering unusually low volume on the radio. I'm sure I'll end up replacing the MCS with a more current in-dash navigation unit with blue tooth, but it's an education to try and get the current components to work. Anyone want to buy a 2000 Startak telephone? How about a 6 CD changer?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by jack237
I'm replying to my own message. I got the correct security code through MB customer support after providing the correct serial number. Now encountering unusually low volume on the radio. I'm sure I'll end up replacing the MCS with a more current in-dash navigation unit with blue tooth, but it's an education to try and get the current components to work. Anyone want to buy a 2000 Startak telephone? How about a 6 CD changer?
Keep the phone long enough and some day you will have a cool antique!
lol
Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 PM

ml55 amg
Interesting concept that a phone can become an antique after only 15 years. New development in the MCS issue. Low volume on radio is only on FM. There is normal volume on AM and the weather band. I think I see a new radio in my near future.