12.82%
Rado / World Motorsports
0%
Renntech
10.26%
Weistec
12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 2015 ECU Tune updates for M157 (ML63 W166)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209 CLK55 / W166 ML63
Poll: 2015 ECU Tune updates for M157 (ML63 W166)

I've finally decided to pull the trigger on getting a bit more power behind my ML63 and have been doing a little research on what's available out there. Unfortunately either my research skills are lacking or there just isn't very much info due to the popularity (or lack of) of modifying the M-Class specifically though I have found some for the M157 platform on other vehicles. I'm hoping this thread helps shed some light and information as to what is available now. The threads that I've pulled up on this topic date back to 2013 so I'm sure things have changed and hopefully there is more info on longevity as well.

Tuners that I'm considering:
AMS Performance / Alpha
Eurocharged
Kleemann
Logic Lab
OE Tuning
RADO / World Motorsports
Renntech
Weistec

Previous Threads of interest:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w218/5067...v-weistec.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ck-please.html

Besides pricing (which is substantial between some of these tuners) I'd like to hear about reputation as well as customer service, and obviously performance gains. Each have their own claims but what about real-world results? Especially on the W166. Most of the claims/numbers I've seen are based off of other vehicles that have the M157 platform but due to differences is drive-train I'm sure there are big differences on what is actually achievable.

Thanks!

Update: I've called some of the tuners listed above and here are my opinions so far.
Kleemann - Carl was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable, certainly put confidence in me if I choose them. I've always heard good things about Kleeman and they're one of the names that come to mind when thinking about aftermarket Mercedes, at least to me.
Logic Lab - Have tried calling them multiple times throughout the day but always get a VM. No bueno. Never heard of them before so my confidence is not there so far, especially with the lack of being able to get a hold of them even for a sales call. Makes me doubt after-sales customer service.
OE Tuning - BJ was great, sounds like they're super busy there as he was having to bounce around between multiple things but he spent a good amount of time answer all my queries. I haven't really heard of them up until I started doing some research. They're definitely the least expensive option by a good margin in ECU tuning. Not sure if that's a good thing yet or not given the old mantra of "You get what you pay for" though I've read good things about them on the forum.
RADO / World Motorsports - Craig was awesome also and he seemed super busy as well. Looks like they've just finished up working on some W166 specific upgrades and had a wealth of information to share. Their name doesn't stand out to me too much but I've seen them all over MBWorld and seems people have good things to say about them as a whole though I haven't found any specific information on their ECU tunes.
Renntech - My local MB dealer is a Renntech dealer so I spoke to them about Renntech products. Seemed to be very knowledgeable and it's also more comforting to know that the MB dealership advocates for Renntech. They are by far the most expensive option though but I've always heard good things about them and their name is almost the first to come up in my mind when talking about MB aftermarket performance.
Weistec - Zack was also great, both knowledgeable and helpful. Another name which I haven't been familiar with until researching. I've heard both good and bad things about them for their ECU tunes though in general they seem like a reputable company based on what I have gathered here on MBWorld.

Last edited by black se7en; 07-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63
I went with the AMS Tune and love it, i had a few issues minor issues which held up the return of my ECU but AMS went well out of their way to ensure that i as looked after.

I purchased a Rado catless down pipe from world products and am truly disappointed with it, the customer service was disgraceful to the point where i actually sent Rado an email stating if World Products were representing one of my business's i'd be mortified and would hope the sub standard customer service would be pointed out. It was then i found out that they are one and the same..

I purchased the setup as i read it was supposedly one of the better performing systems available but i would suggest you steer clear, one of the most disgusting sounding setups i have ever heard.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
The Eurocharged V5 Tune is in my opinion by far the best tune available for our platform. The fact that it has been refined so much over the years culminating in V5 edition is proof of how dedicated they are to standing by their tunes.

Another benefit of Eurocharged is they have a lifetime warranty including engine warranty, so if anything ever happens you are covered 100%. In addiiton, they will also do unlimited free re-tunes on your car for the as long as you own it, so if you do more hardware upgrades they can retune it for free.

Recently also, they have added more funcitonality by offering their new remote tuner so you don't even have to take the ECU out of the car. You can literally retune your car as many times as you want from the convenience of your own garage. All you need is either a laptop/wifi connection or just purchase their standalone remote tuner.

Last but not least, they have by far the best price compared to the competition. Not only do you get the best tune tried by 10,000+ other AMG owners but you also pay the least amount for it thereby prividing the best value of all the options.

After having had so many negative tuning experiences from other companies in the past (never living up to their claims), ever since switching over to Eurocharged for my last 4 cars, I will never use anyone else ever again. Also I have dyno tested every car they ever tuned or me and it always dynoed as much if not even more than they claimed. Truly a rarity in this day & age!

Hope that helps,
ML 63
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (09-23-2016)
Old 09-03-2015, 05:56 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 C63S
I went with Eurocharged too, have done it on 3 of my AMG vehicles and never had a problem. I'd say the most annoying part if any is just dealing with the mygenius tool, it is sometimes a little finicky.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E class
What is EC price on the bi turbo 157 tune ML63? on the web it's $3k
thought i saw it before at $1500
thx
Old 09-23-2015, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 ML63 Performance Pkge
Talking Eurocharged ECU Upgrade M157

I just had my 14 ML63 tuned by the guys at Eurocharged. What I can tell you is the initial reaction of people in your car is to giggle...uncontrollably! It is a massive upgrade and I already had the performance package.

I did foul a plug but the techs at Eurocharged worked me through and answered all my questions promptly with quality answers. After replacing the plug, it has earned the nickname "beauty and the beast". Purrs on idle, screams when hitting the throttle. It is amazing what a tune can do these days. If you never had one before, be prepared to catch yourself giggling!

Regarding price, I would suggest that you reach out to the guys at Eurocharged and see if you can work something out. They are reasonable...

More important than price, the guys at Eurocharged seemed engaged after the sale and followed through to rectify the small hiccup I experienced.
The following 2 users liked this post by Needforspeed63:
sales@eurocharged.com (09-23-2016), Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 09-22-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Originally Posted by Needforspeed63
I just had my 14 ML63 tuned by the guys at Eurocharged. What I can tell you is the initial reaction of people in your car is to giggle...uncontrollably! It is a massive upgrade and I already had the performance package.

I did foul a plug but the techs at Eurocharged worked me through and answered all my questions promptly with quality answers. After replacing the plug, it has earned the nickname "beauty and the beast". Purrs on idle, screams when hitting the throttle. It is amazing what a tune can do these days. If you never had one before, be prepared to catch yourself giggling!

Regarding price, I would suggest that you reach out to the guys at Eurocharged and see if you can work something out. They are reasonable...

More important than price, the guys at Eurocharged seemed engaged after the sale and followed through to rectify the small hiccup I experienced.
Hi Mate,

Just picked up my ML63 BiTurbo and am looking to grab a Eurocharged tune in the coming weeks.

Wanted to ask how its going, are you still happy with the tune? Im pretty pumped avout the power gains and comments on you initial reactions.

Anyone else want to chip in, keen for feedback.

Cheers, Keys
Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Stripper dust

Stripper Dust:

You know how when you go to a titty bar, and have women all over you when you know damn straight you'd normally have no shot with them, if you weren't in their club? Yeah? 'Me too.

Now, replace strippers with actual non-stripper women at the grocery store, replace the strip club with the Eurocharged shop, and what do you have left? Stripper dust.

Its mostly invisible, but some how, some way, it just makes things better.

The magic that Eurocharged does, is the stripper dust.

Now go bang your girl, because she'll finally let you...

.... Because:Eurocharged

You're welcome.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-22-2016 at 11:03 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Benz-O-Rama:
loungn14 (09-23-2016), sales@eurocharged.com (09-23-2016), Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 09-23-2016, 08:35 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Fly by night
What is EC price on the bi turbo 157 tune ML63? on the web it's $3k
thought i saw it before at $1500
thx
On sale for $1299!
Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 09-23-2016, 11:25 AM

ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
On sale for $1299!

Now that is some awesome news! PM sent.
Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:47 PM

ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Anyone else want to throw feedback in on which tune?

Pulled ecu out today and am planning to post it this arvo.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML63
I just purchased the Eurocharged Tune. It makes big power now. Holly crap it's fast!

I ran my 2013 ML63 with performance package at the track two weeks ago it ran 1/4 mile 12.86 @ 111.47 at 6800 feet above sea level. This thing feels a second faster now. I would recommend Eurocharged. Awesome tune they really did a great job.

Philip Bulderbergs was great to work with. Great price for all the horsepower
Hands down A+ customer service.
Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 10-16-2016, 10:50 AM

ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Originally Posted by BrianK007
I just purchased the Eurocharged Tune. It makes big power now. Holly crap it's fast!

I ran my 2013 ML63 with performance package at the track two weeks ago it ran 1/4 mile 12.86 @ 111.47 at 6800 feet above sea level. This thing feels a second faster now. I would recommend Eurocharged. Awesome tune they really did a great job.

Philip Bulderbergs was great to work with. Great price for all the horsepower
Hands down A+ customer service.
Thanks for the all feedback, got mine done last week by Eurocharged too.

Amazing, the power delivery is unreal, it's a completely different car when the peddle is down hard. Yet remains a gentle giant for the daily drive.

Giggling is what im doing when i get on the gas, it rips now!
Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 11-03-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML63
I finally made it to a dyno. Here is my Dyno numbers after the Eurocharged tune on 2013 ML63. Gas mix 10 gals of 91 oct and 5 gals of GT100 race fuel.

Last edited by BrianK007; 11-03-2016 at 11:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrianK007:
sales@eurocharged.com (11-03-2016), Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 11-20-2016, 12:51 AM

ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Originally Posted by BrianK007
I finally made it to a dyno. Here is my Dyno numbers after the Eurocharged tune on 2013 ML63. Gas mix 10 gals of 91 oct and 5 gals of GT100 race fuel.

Nice results!
Tealaweez (07-12-2019)
Old 02-07-2020, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ml63
Can anyone recommend an engine remap for my w166 Ml63 in Sydney please

Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney to

remapp my 2013 ml63?
Install exhaust valves?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2020, 11:27 PM

ML63 AMG BiTurbo
Originally Posted by Chris Baynie
Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney to

remapp my 2013 ml63?
Install exhaust valves?

Thanks
Can't suggest anyone specific, suggest searching for eurocharged in Sydney, I'm really happy with the tune they did and dont need car just ecu. You can always post it somewhere to get it done too.

500hp to 650hp.
Chris Baynie (02-08-2020)