ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML Auto Boot/Tailgate button wiring HELP PLEASE

Old 08-24-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG - 2009
ML Auto Boot/Tailgate button wiring HELP PLEASE

Good evening all.

I wonder if any of you can help. (I am new, be gentle). I've had an ML for 4 years and loved every minute of owning one. Had a fairly basic 280 Sport W164.

Anyhow's cutting a long story short, some fool on the motorway a few weeks ago decided to fall asleep and hit a lorry and the central reservation, then me, then i hit the lorry...... SO... that ML has gone to the great Mercedes Heaven.

So I decide, sod it, I'm going to get an ML63 W164 AMG. I LOVE IT!

It does have a few minor issues that I am dealing with, the first being the button for the Auto boot or tailgate for the none UK peeps out there does not work. The boot / tailgate works fine from inside the cabin, and off the key. Its just the one on the boot / tailgate itself.

I'm no slouch, so i thought I would pop off the button and take a look, low and behold, somebody has snipped the wires from the button and taped them up. The connector is missing too. I am going to hard wire and solder the wires on to the button, an easy job. However I am fairly electrical dumb and just wanted to know in what order the wires are to go in.

I have a grey, burnt orange/light brown & orange.

Can one of you lovely chaps tell me what order I should solder the wires onto the button from left to right at you look at the back of the car.

Also, out of curiosity, why would somebody have previously disables/cut these wires? is there a specific fault that i need to be aware off?

Last question, I see the motor/compressor is under the spare wheel, having looked earlier the clear/white reservoir has what i presume to have oil, it looked a little low, is this something that should be topped up, if so what do i use.

Cheers all for reading this and thanks for helping in advance.

Stephen
crowtherstephen is offline Report Post