Ambient light bulb in rearview mirror.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Ambient light bulb in rearview mirror.

This is in regards to a 2010 ML550 but I figure maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about. Went to the dealership last week for an oil change and asked them to change my ambient light bulb in the rearview mirror. The brown/orange light that comes on at night in-between the two map lights. The dealership claims I don't have a light there, only two map lights and that's it. Now the problem is I can't exactly remember for sure if I have it there or not since I can't remember when it was working last. I have the orange glow of ambient light in my feet area and the passenger's footwell, so I figure I must have it in the rearview mirror. My wife's 2008 C300 has it in her rearview mirror. How do I prove it to the dealership that I'm suppose to have an ambient light in the bottom of the mirror? Also it looks like the mirror has to be completely removed to get at any of these bulbs, including the map lights. So It doesn't look like an easy DIY.
Please help.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 ML63
FWIW, every Mercedes I've been in, or owned (c55/ml63) had one. The ambient light in my c55 went out and my mechanic said they'd have to replace the full rear view mirror. I left it alone after that. As much as I wanted it to work again, I had other repairs that took priority.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by gan0l3
FWIW, every Mercedes I've been in, or owned (c55/ml63) had one. The ambient light in my c55 went out and my mechanic said they'd have to replace the full rear view mirror. I left it alone after that. As much as I wanted it to work again, I had other repairs that took priority.
Thank You.
That's what I was thinking.
I have an extended warranty until April 2016 so I figure better get it fixed now, but they just keep telling me all my interior lights work.