2003 ML55 Kleeman Headers Exuast Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 ML55, 2001 Jaguar XKR, 2004 Jaguar XJR, And several others Domestics
2003 ML55 Kleeman Headers Exuast Question

Hey all,

Recently picked up an ml55 and besides being a little bit confused at the exhaust arrangement compared to the other ML's I have a few questions.

Having to always do something to every car I buy I figured Id do the exhaust maybe something with the air intake(seems no good alternatives) and perhaps a tune (really unsure whats worth it $ per HP).

Well first the Exhaust. I saw Kleeman selling their shorty headers and down tubes for $700 on Ebay. So I bought them after doing a bit of research. Seems either the factory manifolds or cats are restrictive(if the HP gains are realistic) but for that price.,...Heck why not, ill give it a try. But I have a few questions after doing a pretty decent search.

Firstly I realize the Kleeman says A tune is needed due to loss of Cats. I planned on installing two high flow cats and two MIL eliminators to get rid of check engine light. For now at least. If by chance I cant get the two cats to fit then they wont be installed. Anyone have these headers? What exhaust did you use? Photos?

So the reason for the single exhaust is the larger gas tank which forced the spare to be moved into the back and that silly one in two out muffler installed. Has anyone attempted a dual? A spare relocation?

Generally it seems people install an F body type Camaro rear muffler. I got that. If it seems I need to stick with that setup Ill be doing a two into 1 resonator and Camaros style muffler both dynomax ultraflows. I cant say enough god things about them sound wise and performance. BUT....What size is the intermediate pipe? The one that comes from the resonator to the rear muffler???

Any other advice besides telling me to just leave it alone id much appreciated

Thanks!

Damon