ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

looking to purchase!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ml63
looking to purchase!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Hello, Im new to this world of euro cars, I need some help in things I should look for when purchasing a 2010-2011 ML 63 AMG because I don't want to be stock with a LEMON in the few week of purchasing the truck. A link below is what im thinking of getting, the price is not bad the truck has high KM.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/m...ationFlag=true
Old 07-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
First and foremost is you need to check the entire service history of this vehicle. If they can't produce a detail record for you to review, then walk away. That's a big red flag you should not ignore.

Second, you need to have the vehicle inspected by an independent service mechanic with MB experience, not your buddy down the street who does some wrenching of his own, to do a thorough check of the vehicle. Things like brakes, suspension, motor mounts, check for leaks, any corrosion, etc. Check the Carfax for any history of accidents and if so, have your independent service mechanic look over where the damage was repaired as much as possible to try and see how well any repairs were made.

Don't just get caught up in the moment that you're buying your first MB or any high-end luxury sport vehicle. Do your homework up front to make sure you're not buying a potential money pit. This is an AMG and very few people buy an AMG to baby them. These are first and foremost performance vehicles. Also you should be prepared to budget for repair costs that reflect the original MSRP of the vehicle, not the price you're paying today. Same with any brand vehicle in this class. So just do your homework up-front and make your decision with all the information you can and with your eyes open.

Best of luck to you, if the vehicle checks out. It looks nice.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ml63
Originally Posted by PaulE550
First and foremost is you need to check the entire service history of this vehicle. If they can't produce a detail record for you to review, then walk away. That's a big red flag you should not ignore.

Second, you need to have the vehicle inspected by an independent service mechanic with MB experience, not your buddy down the street who does some wrenching of his own, to do a thorough check of the vehicle. Things like brakes, suspension, motor mounts, check for leaks, any corrosion, etc. Check the Carfax for any history of accidents and if so, have your independent service mechanic look over where the damage was repaired as much as possible to try and see how well any repairs were made.

Don't just get caught up in the moment that you're buying your first MB or any high-end luxury sport vehicle. Do your homework up front to make sure you're not buying a potential money pit. This is an AMG and very few people buy an AMG to baby them. These are first and foremost performance vehicles. Also you should be prepared to budget for repair costs that reflect the original MSRP of the vehicle, not the price you're paying today. Same with any brand vehicle in this class. So just do your homework up-front and make your decision with all the information you can and with your eyes open.

Best of luck to you, if the vehicle checks out. It looks nice.

thanks for you input, I know im ready to pay big money when it comes to maintenance. the guy did all his service from MB from 2010 till 2013 until his warrantee ran out he started going to his own mechanic.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
OK. Just makes sure you review the service records yourself. Take NO ONE'S word for how the vehicle was serviced or if the service was done right. That's why I suggested the second item of having a mechanic with good MB experience give the vehicle a thorough once over. Remember the whole point is to find out up-front what potential repair items you might be looking at near-term instead of finding out after the sale a few weeks of a month later when things start falling apart.

Again, best of luck to you on your potential buy.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
G63
I definitely would second the advice to check for rust since it was kept in a cold winter region.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Calig63
I definitely would second the advice to check for rust since it was kept in a cold winter region.
Friendly advice, you just dug up a 5 y.o thread, people don't take kindly to it
The following users liked this post:
C43 Fun Haver (12-13-2022)