ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

New to the AMG world, a few tech questions. Coolant leak/trans slip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML63
New to the AMG world, a few tech questions. Coolant leak/trans slip

Last week I purchased a 2010 ML 63 (68k miles)from dealer auction. Picked it up on Friday and after driving it for the weekend have come across a few issues. I am a lifelong Audi and Infiniti owner so this is my first go around with Mercedes so sorry for any "Newb" questions/comments.

Car has top up coolant error message. Filled with coolant multiple times and obviously a leak. Very scary google search worries me that it may be head bolt issue, is there a quick way to tell if it is or simply a leak? I've left a few puddles on the driveway.....

While driving the airmatic suspension shows the vehicle icon on dash with up arrow and malfunction message. I'm assuming it's a common problem but I will not be off reading at all in the vehicle and prefer driving it in the lower stance. (Unless someone tells me it's more fun driving it with a different setup)

Seems between 2nd3rd and 3rd/4th that the trans slips or takes a while to shift into gear. Is this just how the trans operates and I'm not used to it or do I have a much bigger problem?

Overall I absolutely love the way this thing drives however worst case scenario sounds like I could have two to three major problems. I have a ten day arbitration period to send the vehicle back to auction if this are significant repairs.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks, Dave