ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Looking for GOOD aftermarket parts for a 2001 ML55

Old 09-12-2004, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 CL65 H2 H1
Looking for GOOD aftermarket parts for a 2001 ML55

I have decided to add some things to my ML55 AMG after having it for a few years. Can I get some input here on what I should add? Price is no option here.

Before i forget, I am wanting to part with my factory AMG wheels (18") with dunlop's on them, along with the factory exhaust, etc. Whatever I put on, I sell the oem

Brakes - the factory rotors and pads are terrible. I was looking at EBC Brakes - rotors #'s D1102 and D1103 with EBC Pads DP61363 and DP1395. Primarilly looking for drilled and slotted rotors and KEVLAR pads.

Front bug shield - anyone GOOD make one? My car is silver. Looking for clear or i will settle for smoke

I am looking for a chip. Honestly which one is gives the most power using 93 octane fuel?

I am also looking to rid of the AMG exhaust. Want something that is less restrictive and a little louder.

The air box - All I have seen on ebay and on the net are these crappy made in china pieces of garbage. Does anyone make a real cold air intake or something besides clamping a K&N to the MAF and using a bracket?

I am also in need of the rear cargo cover for the ML55. I have the dark grey (almost black) interior.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
1. brakes- brembo gran turismo kit about 4k for fronts.
2. chip- powerchip, most recognized chip tuner.
3. exhaust- brabus
4. intake- renntech... renntech... renntech.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:42 PM

2003 G35 Coupe
Jaydcc69 if i can recommened one place...it would be with www.rpmrevolution.com they have a great wholesale advantage thing where if you buy the most expensive thing on the list...from what you want...everything else...you can get it for wholesale price...talk to a guy named Rush
Old 09-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by jaydcc69
I have decided to add some things to my ML55 AMG after having it for a few years. Can I get some input here on what I should add? Price is no option here.

Before i forget, I am wanting to part with my factory AMG wheels (18") with dunlop's on them, along with the factory exhaust, etc. Whatever I put on, I sell the oem

Brakes - the factory rotors and pads are terrible. I was looking at EBC Brakes - rotors #'s D1102 and D1103 with EBC Pads DP61363 and DP1395. Primarilly looking for drilled and slotted rotors and KEVLAR pads.

Front bug shield - anyone GOOD make one? My car is silver. Looking for clear or i will settle for smoke

I am looking for a chip. Honestly which one is gives the most power using 93 octane fuel?

I am also looking to rid of the AMG exhaust. Want something that is less restrictive and a little louder.

The air box - All I have seen on ebay and on the net are these crappy made in china pieces of garbage. Does anyone make a real cold air intake or something besides clamping a K&N to the MAF and using a bracket?

I am also in need of the rear cargo cover for the ML55. I have the dark grey (almost black) interior.
Thanks for the wheels, I'm looking forward to receiving those.

Last edited by Noscyr; 09-13-2004 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:17 AM

ML63 CL65 H2 H1
Update:

Ok, it looks like I will go with the brabus exhaust, powerchip unit, and renntech intake.

How about underdrive pulleys? I am looking for them also.

Finally, a rear spoiler - somewhat like the lorinser one without the brake light in it.

One thing that has been on my mind was what to do with the 150HP NOS (wet) kit that I have left over from my 2001 Audi S4. Has anyone put one on their ML55?

Supercharger/turbos available for this yet?

Rear tail lamps. I have a 2001. I would like the clear jeweled center look.

For all you wondering, my thoughts and seriousness was never ever fueled by "rice" Just Kraut and german beer... (and German women... with better shaving habits

---Jay
Old 09-13-2004, 04:40 AM

ML63 CL65 H2 H1
Ok did some deciding and whatnot. Going to go the route of the KLEEMANN Kompressor. As I said, no holds barred in this one. My budget is $25000.00 to put into this ML55 to make it look like a silver sleeper
Old 09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
If you want something louder, Brabus probably isn't what you are looking for. Brabus exhaust has an awesome exhaust note at idle but once you come of idle its fairly quiet.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AlBoston
If you want something louder, Brabus probably isn't what you are looking for. Brabus exhaust has an awesome exhaust note at idle but once you come of idle its fairly quiet.
I disagree Al. I have the Brabus exhaust on my ML 500, and it has a little rumble when sitting still too... just enough to let you know it is there, but definitely not ricey. But then again it might be my lack of resonator and additional motor work.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jaydcc69
Ok, it looks like I will go with the brabus exhaust, powerchip unit, and renntech intake.

How about underdrive pulleys? I am looking for them also.

Finally, a rear spoiler - somewhat like the lorinser one without the brake light in it.

One thing that has been on my mind was what to do with the 150HP NOS (wet) kit that I have left over from my 2001 Audi S4. Has anyone put one on their ML55?

Supercharger/turbos available for this yet?

Rear tail lamps. I have a 2001. I would like the clear jeweled center look.

For all you wondering, my thoughts and seriousness was never ever fueled by "rice" Just Kraut and german beer... (and German women... with better shaving habits

---Jay
i had nos in my ml.... fun but only in a straight line.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by ahopeter
I disagree Al. I have the Brabus exhaust on my ML 500, and it has a little rumble when sitting still too... just enough to let you know it is there, but definitely not ricey. But then again it might be my lack of resonator and additional motor work.

sorry i meant to say once you come *off* idle it is pretty quiet. I agree, at idle it has a nice rumble, not too loud but just enough. Accelerating it is pretty quiet, slightly louder than stock.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:44 PM

Wanting to part

Would you have a ideal how much you would be selling the AMG wheels w/dunlops tires alone or selling all (factory exhaust etc...). Please email me at gjfixitman@msn.com Thanks....
Old 09-22-2004, 06:00 PM

2000 ML55 AMG
For a spoiler, I was real happy with this one. Comes painted in your color(saves you the cost)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638