Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: mcar Bluetooth/ipod adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 04:21 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
FS: mcar Bluetooth/ipod adapter

The mCar device connects to the MOST fiber optic system in your car. It is installed in place of the factory CD changer and provides Bluetooth hands-free calling, Bluetooth audio streaming, as well as USB media device connectivity (thumb drive or iPod). It fully emulates the MBZ factory cell phone interface so all the buttons on the steering wheel and radio unit work as intended, and phone book and call info is displayed on the instrument cluster LCD panel. The media interface emulates the CD changer for USB or iPod music playback.

This works only for "facelift" vehicles with the MOST fiber optic system, so for most models, this means MY205 or later (except for the ML and G, which would be MY2006 or later, I believe). It requires the removal or disconnection of the factory CD changer, if so equipped (it does not require that you have the changer in the first place, though). It also will not work if the factory cell phone interface is installed - it would need to be removed or disconnected. But if you have that, you probably don't need this.

I was using this in my CLK55 but I'm going another direction

http://www.mcar.us/index.php/products

And here's the brochure, special config instructions, sample config file, and user's manual website:

http://benzbits.com/mCar

Note that mcar's compatibility guide lists "2004" vehicles. That is not correct - it's MODEL YEAR 2005 or later, as that was when the "facelift" occurred and the switch from D2B to MOST fiber. Of course some MY2005 cars were sold in calendar year 2004, so I think that's their reasoning. This ONLY works on the MOST system!

$350 delivered.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
REDUCED $300