Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > New M-Class (W166)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


New M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,077
Drives: 2004 SL55, 2013 ML63
W166: Does it have 7 seats

Do any of you guys who have seen the W166 know if it has 7 seats ?

The GL is too large for UK really so when the W164 didn't have 7 seats we ended up with a X5 replacing the W163 (and a W164 for when we dont need 7 seats). I'd love to lose the X5 :-)

Cheers

Richard

ps. Isn't it time for a W166 sub-forum ?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 215
Drives: 04 sl 500, 07 ml 320 cdi
it could possible, but not sure...some say the w 166 will be bigger than the w164 so it will surely has 7 seat, other says it will be big pratically like the w 164 so probably just 5 seat...must wait for more than 45 days (NY car show)

edit i think yes, it will be bigger and will have 7 seat (one magazine stated)

Last edited by Stesl; 03-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Stesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the ML/GL/R assembly line
Posts: 363
Drives: 2005 C230 Kompressor
Not sure on what the options are.
__________________
VelociRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
Drives: ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stesl View Post
it could possible, but not sure...some say the w 166 will be bigger than the w164 so it will surely has 7 seat, other says it will be big pratically like the w 164 so probably just 5 seat...must wait for more than 45 days (NY car show)

edit i think yes, it will be bigger and will have 7 seat (one magazine stated)
If the 166 is bigger,I wont buy a third ML
Vernl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the ML/GL/R assembly line
Posts: 363
Drives: 2005 C230 Kompressor
Its about the same wheelbase.
__________________
VelociRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 343
Drives: C250,GLK350
The 166 will not be a 3 row SUV, if you want/need a 3 row SUV, there is the GL.
DCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 215
Drives: 04 sl 500, 07 ml 320 cdi
nice to know, velocirapt. i'was worried it would have been much bigger than the actual w164

quote Dcubed
Stesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
South Ocean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 353
Drives: 2011 E63 & 2014 GL63 & 2009 BMW 335i Convert
Just got back from the NYC Auto Show.

As you know - no 2012 ML here but the Mercedes Product Specialist at the show mentioned that the 2012 ML will have a third row option beginning in December 2012. He noted they were just apprised of that in the product training. That would be good news for someone like me who needs three rows but would prefer something smaller than the GL (ideally the ML63 which hopefully will carry over the third row option - but you never know as the BMW X5-M did not).

Also, no ML550 initially but it should come later after the roll out of the V6 gas and diesel models.

Finally, the GL will carry over the existing engines (V6 and V8) for 2012 given that the next generation GL will debut in 2012 as a 2013.

Always nice to talk to a Product Rep who knows their products (too often I talk with Reps at these shows who know far less about the cars than I do - which is disappointing).

Cheers!
South Ocean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 215
Drives: 04 sl 500, 07 ml 320 cdi
quoto south ocean

thanks for the info
Stesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
ned
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Drives: ML
Third Row

According to Edmund's.com:

It's also deep enough to package a third-row seat, and Mercedes is working on a fold-flat unit, even though the 2006-'11 M-Class didn't have one.

"It's about two years out," Steve Cannon, vice president of marketing for Mercedes-Benz
ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,077
Drives: 2004 SL55, 2013 ML63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
According to Edmund's.com:

It's also deep enough to package a third-row seat, and Mercedes is working on a fold-flat unit, even though the 2006-'11 M-Class didn't have one.

"It's about two years out," Steve Cannon, vice president of marketing for Mercedes-Benz
And if you look in EPC (parts catalog) it shows the seat belts for the 3rd row (but only the seat belts) all marked with the option code for the "3rd row of seats"

R
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
vam
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Drives: BMW E92
I have to wake up this thread as some posts earlier it is mentioned an info that the 2012 ML will have a third row option beginning in December 2012....well, december is here, what about the third row option? Any (inside) info on this please?
vam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,077
Drives: 2004 SL55, 2013 ML63
Mercedes parts catalogue (as of today) for W166 ML shows the 3rd row seatbelts and mountings (which are different to the W166 GL) - but no seat yet

As the seatbelts are different than GL, it does suggest it not just a mistaken section

Richard

Last edited by Richard; 12-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
vam
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Drives: BMW E92
Thank you Richard!
I guess that means that they have planned to include the feature and remains only to find out when this will be available. I have to order in the forthcoming period a 7seat SUV and now my only option is GL for Mercedes. ML would be ideal for the use I need it. And I would prefer to dealy the order a couple of months only to have ML with 7 seats.
vam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,077
Drives: 2004 SL55, 2013 ML63
Yes, I am waiting for a 7 seat ML too.
R
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Near Niagara Falls, Canada
Posts: 549
Drives: 2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Ocean1 View Post
Just got back from the NYC Auto Show.

As you know - no 2012 ML here but the Mercedes Product Specialist at the show mentioned that the 2012 ML will have a third row option beginning in December 2012. He noted they were just apprised of that in the product training. That would be good news for someone like me who needs three rows but would prefer something smaller than the GL (ideally the ML63 which hopefully will carry over the third row option - but you never know as the BMW X5-M did not).

Also, no ML550 initially but it should come later after the roll out of the V6 gas and diesel models.

Finally, the GL will carry over the existing engines (V6 and V8) for 2012 given that the next generation GL will debut in 2012 as a 2013.

Always nice to talk to a Product Rep who knows their products (too often I talk with Reps at these shows who know far less about the cars than I do - which is disappointing).

Cheers!
Guess You got fooled. MB won't cut its own throat folks GL has 7 the R had 7. We have heard about MLC but the 5 seat ML has more then enough buyers now and MB won't spend the engineering money when they have more sales then the supply chain can handle
dougiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
27T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 364
Drives: 13ML BT
I think MB wants to roll out the GL, which is a more profitable truck, without competition from the ML. Execs has mentioned that the ML may have 3rd row by 2014.
27T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #18
vam
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Drives: BMW E92
R fades out.
vam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Near Niagara Falls, Canada
Posts: 549
Drives: 2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by vam View Post
R fades out.
Last year in Canada so I said had
But for people that NEED 7?
dougiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 3rd, 63, class, dealer, guide, mercedes, ml, nye, option, ordering, row, seat, seats, w166



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details