M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Nightview Assist Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63S
Nightview Assist Plus

So when I originally spec'd out my ML a month ago... I could have sworn that I saw Nightview as on option (in Canada) I know in the US there is an option code for it. My SA, who I've known for a long time, gave me the entire option code list for the ML before it was even launched here and I looked it over a few times and can't see Nightview on it at all. On the website, however, I swear I saw it!!

It's a feature I would love to have. Have any other Canadians seen the option at all?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Night View is delayed until spring. It's not great on the ML due to the screen location - much more effective on the S/CL.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Night View is delayed until spring. It's not great on the ML due to the screen location - much more effective on the S/CL.
Agreed. I opted against it based on videos I've seen of it in the E class. I added ventilated seats as a consolation
Old 10-31-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by lboudreau
Agreed. I opted against it based on videos I've seen of it in the E class. I added ventilated seats as a consolation
Great call on selecting the leather package. The ARTICO dashboard makes the car.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:07 PM

2019 C63S
Great call on selecting the leather package. The ARTICO dashboard makes the car.
Thanks... I just didn't want to get rid of my S class and lose the luxury and comfort... so I got every available package except for Tele-aide (mbrace)

EDIT: Question... do you know if there is contrast stitching for Canadian MLs with the leather package? I know the ones I've seen at the dealer with MB-Tex have the contrast stitching on the Seats and Steering wheel. I'd like to have the same stitching on mine with the leather pack but wasn't sure if it came with the leather pack. Any idea?

Last edited by lboudreau; 10-31-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Unless one lives in moose country (and I know that most of Canada is just that) I can't see opting for night vision,unless one has more money that he/she knows what to do with.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by listerone
Unless one lives in moose country (and I know that most of Canada is just that) I can't see opting for night vision,unless one has more money that he/she knows what to do with.
Yep... lots of moose here. They should come out with Nightview canuck edition that has moose detection instead of pedestrian detection.

But I think I'm going to pass on the option... I was motivated to get it... but I think it's more of a toy then anything.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Question... do you know if there is contrast stitching for Canadian MLs with the leather package? I know the ones I've seen at the dealer with MB-Tex have the contrast stitching on the Seats and Steering wheel. I'd like to have the same stitching on mine with the leather pack but wasn't sure if it came with the leather pack. Any idea?
Yes, it has the same stitching whether ARTICO or cowhide.

What colors are you planning? options?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM

2019 C63S
Yes, it has the same stitching whether ARTICO or cowhide.

What colors are you planning? options?
Awesome!

Yeah... I'm going with Obsidian Black on Black Leather with the Black headliner and Brown Ash wood.

Packages:

Advanced Driving assistance package
Bi-Xenon Package
Premium Package
Sport Package
Hitch
115V outlet
Ventilated Seats
Old 10-31-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Yep... lots of moose here. They should come out with Nightview canuck edition that has moose detection instead of pedestrian detection.
Don't know if you're kidding or not but I wasn't.I wasn't trying to bash Canada either. I've done some driving in Canada (Winnipeg to Sault Ste Marie...Windsor to Val d'Or (way up in Quebec) to the Vermont border...Maine to Sydney,NS) and I've never seen so many dead moose,and moose warning signs,in my life.Although I did see *many* dead moose on I-75 in northern Michigan.Hopefully these things would detect *all* warm blooded creatures.

But I think I'm going to pass on the option... I was motivated to get it... but I think it's more of a toy then anything.
With pedestrians I would think that all that's needed is keen attention.With moose it just might prove useful...particularly in remote areas (like Canada and northern Michigan).
Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by listerone
Don't know if you're kidding or not but I wasn't.I wasn't trying to bash Canada either. I've done some driving in Canada (Winnipeg to Sault Ste Marie...Windsor to Val d'Or (way up in Quebec) to the Vermont border...Maine to Sydney,NS) and I've never seen so many dead moose,and moose warning signs,in my life.Although I did see *many* dead moose on I-75 in northern Michigan.Hopefully these things would detect *all* warm blooded creatures.

With pedestrians I would think that all that's needed is keen attention.With moose it just might prove useful...particularly in remote areas (like Canada and northern Michigan).
Yeah I was kidding

although wildlife detection of any kind would help... especially if it was combined with a HUD type display.

Maybe a system like Mercedes 6D vision will be applied to future vehicles which would aide in avoiding wildlife collisions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvX1jujoYs
Old 11-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Yeah I was kidding

although wildlife detection of any kind would help... especially if it was combined with a HUD type display.

Maybe a system like Mercedes 6D vision will be applied to future vehicles which would aide in avoiding wildlife collisions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvX1jujoYs

Moose and Deer is a reason for the lighting pkg too